The Wizard101 Commons
Please Log in or Join our wonderful forum.
The Wizard101 Commons
Please Log in or Join our wonderful forum.
The Wizard101 Commons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Wizard101 Forum and fansite

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBasic PvP guide PvpsymBasic PvP guide Shopsym
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 363 on Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:55 am
Latest topics
» ANYONE STILL ACTIVE ?
Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeby R3VOLT Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:34 am

» To all the Guest peoples viewing please join...
Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeby Trafalgar Law Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:06 pm

» Major Problem
Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeby Dekaexadiko Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:46 pm

» Fizzle cost you a match?
Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeby jimmymaglies Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:57 pm

» Some people honestly disgust me.
Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeby jimmymaglies Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:51 pm

» What's Up Wizards?
Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeby jimmymaglies Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:35 pm

» HELP ME Invalid account. Please try a different username.
Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeby swungspeedz Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:12 pm

» Urgent Render Request
Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeby trogem Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:16 am

» Swift List
Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeby Swift Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:35 pm

» Solo Waterworks
Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeby Swift Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:13 pm

Wizard101's B-Day

Basic PvP guide

Go down 
+11
Brandon
Trafalgar Law
phantom thaumaturge
sweetlovley
Aeneas
Alexy
Kaito
Chade
Nate
Avalanche
Challenge
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Challenge
Tournament Overlord
Tournament Overlord
Challenge

Basic PvP guide Empty
PostSubject: Basic PvP guide   Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:33 pm

Hey all, this is a little guide to give you the basics of what you will need for PvP, and what you will want to look out for.

1. General Training points
This list will consist of the best spells to train. It differs if you PvP at lower level, as you have less training points. These are in no order, so none are that much important, unless specified by a *

LIST:
Ice to Tower shield**-This is a universal shield, and helps against Judgment, and every other spell in the game.

Reshuffle*******-Most needed spell. If you fight someone skilled, you will most likely need to go through your deck more than once.

Balance to Weakness*-This is very good to have, as it can stop both hits on double hits, or all damage from DoTs(Damage over time spells. Ex. Fire elf/storm hound/heck hound/etc.)

Infection*-This spell is also a need. This allows you to stop heals, so you can hit your opponent before they can gain much health at all.

Life to Sprite-I suggest this as it is a 1 pip spell to break infections. It can also clear white pips. Unless you have a Life mastery Amulet, I don't suggest training Satyr. Treasure card versions of that could work if you want it.

Sun to colossal*-Nothing is better than being able to add 275 damage to a spell, making Imps do at least 340 damage.

Cloak- I didn't add a * as some don't see it as one. The reason this is good is because if you attach it to a Charm, when you reshuffle, you get the original charm, the cloak spell, and the cloak charm, basically doubling all your cloaked cards. It is good if you also do a reshuffle Technique.

Infallible-This can be used to take away 15% of there resist, which in the end can come out to be a lot.

Train your tri-blade-This allows for heavier hits

Not needed, but can be trained:

Death to Feint-This can be used to help deal out heavy damage in one attack. If you have trouble dealing damage, this might be something for you.

Balance up to Sandstorm-If you are Death or life, this might be helpful. You will get a 4 pip DoT to take out minions, plus you should already have weakness trained.

Higher into one school-Some strategies include training more into one school, an example would be a life using a myth mastery while training all the way to earthquake to deal with shields.

2. Basics to know when you start:

1. Get rid of infections as fast as you can. These things might not seem bad, but if you get hit with a good amount of big damage attacks, you might not be able to save yourself

2. Shielding Before blades and attacking. Your health and safe being is most important. Unless you will cripple your opponent or you are in no danger, shielding is always the best bet.

3. Kill Minions as soon as possible. Those things can take your health down slowly, take shields off, and in some cases, heal there masters. Minions need to die.

4. YOUR minions are your best friends. They can do all the things mentioned above, so they are very very helpful. From first, they are killer. From second, they are hard to keep up, but still amazing.

5.Try to figure out your opponents school. This gives you the advantage to know what shields to use, and surprise them with yours if you can.

6. Try to keep health as high as possible at all times. This allows you to tank large hits in, and still have room to through out a hit if needed.

Common Strategies

Fire: Full pip HeckHound. This strategies allows them to deal massive damage over 3 turns. This will usually be used with a minion that cast link/fire elf after, so you can't shield/triage it off.

Suggestions: Always kill that minion, maybe some Triage in side deck if you can squeeze it in. Maybe even a few fire dispels, because then they lose all their pips for nothing.

Storm: I usually just see low pip attack spam, or temp spam.

Only solution: Heal/Shield spam. They will run out and have to reshuffle sooner or later. Try to make it through, or hit them while they spam, putting them in a bad spot.

Myth:Shatter/Orthrus Combo. This makes it so even from second they can still hit you with maximum damage. I either see the big plague card, or a myth dispel in side. Yes, it's hard to put those in if you don't know your opponent, but when you do know, you will know what to do.

Ice: They will tank. Forever if needed. Start stacking blades, weakness/infection, and go in for the kill. It will be the only way to kill them. Unless you get a critical of course, then it might be easier XD.

Life: Infection is your best friend on these guys. They can heal better than any school, but their damage output is bad. Watch out for gnomes, as that is almost a 2 turn stun on heals.

Death: To many to name XD

Balance: They can do it all. Just be prepared to shield for every school against them.

Will add more if I remember anything else XD. Hope you all enjoy.[center]
Back to top Go down
Avalanche
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator
Avalanche

Location : In a pool of lava in Antarctica living with a family of smart alec penguins.... Dont ask.

Basic PvP guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic PvP guide   Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:35 pm

I like it Smile
Back to top Go down
Nate
Pvp Corporal
Pvp Corporal
Nate

Basic PvP guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic PvP guide   Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:35 pm

Nice Guide ^_^
Back to top Go down
Chade
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator
Chade

Basic PvP guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic PvP guide   Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:37 pm

Nice guide Alex o: I think it's smart to dish out all your infections first, never thought of that ^^
Back to top Go down
Challenge
Tournament Overlord
Tournament Overlord
Challenge

Basic PvP guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic PvP guide   Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:38 pm

Chase wrote:
Nice guide Alex o: I think it's smart to dish out all your infections first, never thought of that ^^

~Nate~ wrote:
Nice Guide ^_^

Thanks both of you. I hope you had enough time to read it all XD. Like avalanche.
Back to top Go down
Kaito
Pvp Veteran
Pvp Veteran
Kaito

Basic PvP guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic PvP guide   Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:47 pm

Amazing, obviously since it's by a PvP Master Wink

-Kaito
Back to top Go down
Avalanche
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator
Avalanche

Location : In a pool of lava in Antarctica living with a family of smart alec penguins.... Dont ask.

Basic PvP guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic PvP guide   Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:47 pm

Challenge Accepted wrote:
Chase wrote:

~Nate~ wrote:
Nice Guide ^_^

Thanks both of you. I hope you had enough time to read it all XD. Like avalanche.
lol i may have read in between the lines lol
Back to top Go down
Challenge
Tournament Overlord
Tournament Overlord
Challenge

Basic PvP guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic PvP guide   Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:59 pm

Kaito wrote:
Amazing, obviously since it's by a PvP Master Wink

-Kaito
Thanks, I just thought this would be needed.
Back to top Go down
Alexy
Pvp Knight
Pvp Knight
Alexy

Basic PvP guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic PvP guide   Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:08 pm

Ooh, Nice tactics, ^-^
I like this!
Back to top Go down
http://alexandalex.listen2myradio.com/
Challenge
Tournament Overlord
Tournament Overlord
Challenge

Basic PvP guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic PvP guide   Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:13 pm

Nightwing wrote:
Ooh, Nice tactics, ^-^
I like this!
Thanks! Glad people like this, and I think I will sticky it now.
Back to top Go down
Aeneas
Tournament Overlord
Tournament Overlord
Aeneas

Basic PvP guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic PvP guide   Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:53 am

Awesome guide, wouldn't expect anything less from a tournament master though :3

~Aeneas~
Back to top Go down
Challenge
Tournament Overlord
Tournament Overlord
Challenge

Basic PvP guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic PvP guide   Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 6:18 pm

Aeneas wrote:
Awesome guide, wouldn't expect anything less from a tournament master though :3

~Aeneas~

XD Thanks!
Back to top Go down
sweetlovley
Pvp Veteran
Pvp Veteran
sweetlovley

Basic PvP guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic PvP guide   Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:18 am

these better help me in pvp -_-
Back to top Go down
Challenge
Tournament Overlord
Tournament Overlord
Challenge

Basic PvP guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic PvP guide   Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:52 pm

sweetlovley wrote:
these better help me in pvp -_-

Let's hope so!
Back to top Go down
phantom thaumaturge
Pvp Private
Pvp Private

Basic PvP guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic PvP guide   Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:26 pm

very nice guide!
Back to top Go down
Challenge
Tournament Overlord
Tournament Overlord
Challenge

Basic PvP guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic PvP guide   Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:27 pm

phantom thaumaturge wrote:
very nice guide!

Thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
Trafalgar Law
Trafalgar Law

Basic PvP guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic PvP guide   Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:37 pm

Very nice guide challenge!
~♠
Back to top Go down
Challenge
Tournament Overlord
Tournament Overlord
Challenge

Basic PvP guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic PvP guide   Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 3:06 pm

Ace wrote:
Very nice guide challenge!
~♠
Thanks Ace!
Back to top Go down
Brandon
Pvp Private
Pvp Private
Brandon

Basic PvP guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic PvP guide   Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 3:09 pm

Awesome guide! I stink at PVP, so i'll definitely be using this in the future! Smile
Back to top Go down
Challenge
Tournament Overlord
Tournament Overlord
Challenge

Basic PvP guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic PvP guide   Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 3:10 pm

Brandon wrote:
Awesome guide! I stink at PVP, so i'll definitely be using this in the future! Smile
Awesome thanks!
Back to top Go down
JayJayy
Pvp Veteran
Pvp Veteran
JayJayy

Basic PvP guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic PvP guide   Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 7:14 pm

Wow, this is very helpful for people who want to join tournaments, very helpful guide. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cody
Pvp Sergeant
Pvp Sergeant

Basic PvP guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic PvP guide   Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 8:33 pm

Great Guide!

-Cody
Back to top Go down
AshleyW.
Pvp Sergeant
Pvp Sergeant
AshleyW.

Basic PvP guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic PvP guide   Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 3:32 am

Thanks for this! I'm definitely going to put this to use whenever I go into PvP. Smile
Back to top Go down
zanasxx
Pvp Private
Pvp Private

Basic PvP guide Empty
PostSubject: well peoples pvp is cool thing   Basic PvP guide I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 6:30 pm

you all know pvp is kinda hard but believe there is nothing to afraid of! i am ice and i really like to do pvp it makes game alive lol! Razz but still even if you afraid of lossing you should do pvp because you will become greater if you will do this more. so do pvp! lol
okay there is perfect deck for ice wizards! your welcome
2 balefrost
3 blizzard
3 colossus
3 frost giant
4 ice trap
6 ice blade
5 elemental blade
1 legion shield- this just if you want
6 snow angels
2 steal wards
6 tower shields