The Wizard101 Commons
Please Log in or Join our wonderful forum.

A Wizard101 Forum and fansite

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 46 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:03 pm
Latest topics
» ANYONE STILL ACTIVE ?
by R3VOLT Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:34 am

» To all the Guest peoples viewing please join...
by Trafalgar Law Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:06 pm

» Major Problem
by Dekaexadiko Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:46 pm

» Fizzle cost you a match?
by jimmymaglies Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:57 pm

» Some people honestly disgust me.
by jimmymaglies Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:51 pm

» What's Up Wizards?
by jimmymaglies Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:35 pm

» HELP ME Invalid account. Please try a different username.
by swungspeedz Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:12 pm

» Urgent Render Request
by trogem Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:16 am

» Swift List
by Swift Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:35 pm

» Solo Waterworks
by Swift Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:13 pm

Wizard101's B-Day

Share | 

Legends of Truth, Book 1: Autumn Leaves

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Peepsie
Pvp Private
Pvp Private

PostSubject: Legends of Truth, Book 1: Autumn Leaves   Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:14 pm

CnC appreciated (:

Prologue
An abandoned baby laid beside a river on a cool Fall morning. She was sleeping peacefully, no cries, no whines. A gentle breeze blew across the forest, scattering leaves. The sun was beginning to rise, with a shade of pink coloring most of the sky. But the baby did not notice; she continued to dream happy thoughts. But who was that baby? Yes, that baby was me, Autumn. And now I reside with a loving family in a comfy home. But I should tell you, there have been some strange things happening to me. Like the time my friend got paralyzed and couldn't move for a week. Like the time I sat in the snow too long and never got a frostbite. But those events were years ago, and up to now, I have never forgot. My parents have always said that I have intelligence and a great memory. But I have no idea how I ended up in a forest and miraculously survived. I even don't know the date I was born! These things were always a mystery to me, and one day, I am going to try to figure it out myself. But something very, very mysterious occurred to me yesterday. I will tell this unexpected story from the beginning, but I should warn you, I'm a girl with a wild imagination-maybe even too wild for anyone else to handle.

Last edited by Peepsie on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgan.
Pvp Private
Pvp Private

PostSubject: Re: Legends of Truth, Book 1: Autumn Leaves   Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:27 pm

YAYSNESSSSSSSSSSSS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
checkar377
Pvp Private
Pvp Private

PostSubject: Re: Legends of Truth, Book 1: Autumn Leaves   Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:51 pm

where can i read this book?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peepsie
Pvp Private
Pvp Private

PostSubject: Re: Legends of Truth, Book 1: Autumn Leaves   Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:52 pm

Chapter 1
Part 1
"Mom, is it cold in here or is it just me?" My younger sister Nadia asked. She grabbed a blanket and pulled it over her body. Her teeth started to chatter; but I was fine with the weather anyway. After all, I am a "Winter Baby". I'm able to withstand the cold weather, even though I never knew what my birthday was. It didn't really matter to me.

"Nadia, the days are getting shorter, which means the weather is getting colder. I don't know why, but that's the way Earth is." Mom answered her and handed each of us a mug of hot chocolate. But I shook my head and gave my mug back to her.

"I'm fine, Mom. I really don't feel like having some right now." Somehow, I felt like something...or someone...was coming for me, and I would need to be prepared. I walked upstairs to my bedroom quietly, without anyone noticing, and plopped down on my bed. I dreamed of the happy times I had in the past, and began to smile at them. But suddenly, I saw clouds of mist all around my room. I had shut the door earlier, but when I tried to get out, it was locked. The room began grew dark and cold; really cold that I couldn't stand it anymore.

"Help!" I screamed and banged on the door. But no one seemed to hear me. All I heard from downstairs were laughing and cheering from my family, them talking and enjoying the cold weather. But me, on the other hand, was not enjoying the cold weather. And right when it began, it stopped gradually.

I was shaking and sweating nervously from the incident; not to mention shivering also from the cold air that was taking over me. I walked over to the window and saw a magnificent scene; a Winter Wonderland. Snowflakes gently floated down to the surface, lightly coating the grass with a white, fluffy carpet. I heard something rustle in the tree in front of me; I peeked outside again and saw a small owl.

It was very unusual to find an owl during the afternoon. They were nocturnal, and they didn't belong outside when it was still bright out. I slowly opened the window a crack, and it immediately turned its head to me.

I was shuddered by all of the strange things happening to me that I fell backwards onto the floor. I just can't wait for my birthday to come, then I'll wish for everything to stop swindling me. I flung my arm at the owl, warning it to go away.

"Shoo! Scat! Go away, weird bird!" I screamed at it; it fluttered its wings but still clung on to the branch. Then it opened its mouth.

"Are you the one called Autumn?" He asked in a very scholarly-like voice.

I answered him, but I had no idea what trouble I was getting myself into. "Um, yes I am. Why do you ask?"

He looked at the clouds above us; I looked up and saw nothing but snow slowly drifting down from the sky.
"Autumn, you're a Wizard." He announced to me.

I stared and shook my head in disbelief. Then I got back to reality. "A Wizard, huh?" I laughed sarcastically. "You're kidding me, right?"

The owl shook his head in annoyance. "No, I'm not fooling around. You're a Wizard."
Impossible! I thought to myself. He'll never get me to believe him. Even if he does, he'll regret the time he made this mistake.

Even though I thought those things, I believed him finally. "Okay, let me get this straight. I'm a Wizard. Did I get that correct, Mr. Owl?"

"You can call me Gamma, please," He said. "And yes, you are correct. Now, I need you to come with me-"

I stared at him again. "Wait, don't you need my parents' permission first? Do you have a slip they need to sign in order for me to become-"

"No, no, you may not tell ANYONE. Not even your own parents on Earth. I just need you to cooperate with me, before they find out that you're a Wizard, AND that there's a talking owl in existence. Now, hold on to my wing and hold on tight."

I climbed out the window carefully, trying not to look down. I grasped hold of his wing and we were off. I looked at the world around me on our journey. My long, blue hair fluttered in the wind as we were dropped down in front of a tower.

This is a dream, I reassured myself. You can live with it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peepsie
Pvp Private
Pvp Private

PostSubject: Re: Legends of Truth, Book 1: Autumn Leaves   Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Chapter 2
Part 1
I glanced around the world surrounding me. The Sun was high in the sky, birds were singing their songs, and children strolled along the streets with their friends beside them. I gazed up at the structure towering before me; a door opened and an old man stepped out. Nervously, I crawled away from him, even though he looked like a nice guy.

"Thank you, Gamma," He said to the owl as he motioned me to come inside. I stood up from the ground and began to follow him inside. The room felt really warm, and it felt cozy as it looked. I took a seat across from him and he started a big lecture.
"Autumn," He started to talk. "Do you know why you're here?"

I really didn't know why we were here, so I shrugged, hoping for a more detailed explanation of this.

"Not really."

He scratched his chin. "Well, then. Here's a book and pen. The book speaks for it all."

I took the book and pen from him. It was really heavy, like a ten pound weight, and it was really thick. I opened the book to the first page and saw some questions:

What is your favorite animal?
Which of these is the most strongest?
What is your favorite gemstone?

I answered all of the questions listed and gave the book back to him. He took a separate piece of paper and began to record notes. He looked up at me with a bright smile.

"Autumn, you are an Ice Wizard. Congratulations."

Ice Wizard? I pondered. Is that the reason for all of the peculiar things occurring around me? I smiled.

"Your first assignment is to find the Ravenwood tunnel, located right outside this tower. Go there and meet all the Ravenwood professors. I'm sure you'll like them." He explained to me.

So, I followed his instructions and met all of the Ravenwood professors. They were really nice! I think I was going to enjoy being here in Wizard City.

"So, did you like all of the professors?" He asked as I came in through the door.

"You bet!" I cheered.

The old man gave a startled look. "Oh my! We haven't been properly introduced. I am Merle Ambrose, Headmaster of the Ravenwood School of Magical Arts. You may address me as Headmaster Ambrose."

"Nice to meet you, Headmaster Ambrose," I said as I shook his hand. "I'm Autumn."

He smiled at me as he led me back to the Ravenwood tunnel. "Autumn, I would like to show you your dorm. Please follow me."
I followed him through the tunnel, then he made a left and pointed at the direction of another tower.

"This is where your dorm is, you can decorate it by buying furniture items from the Shopping District. Your classes start first thing tomorrow at 8:15. Have fun in Ravenwood!"

He left Ravenwood and back to his tower. I saw a giant Stork with a graduation cap and glasses standing in front of a huge tree called Bartleby.

"Hello, young wizard!" He called over to me in a funny voice. "I am Mr. Lincoln, the Registrar of Wizard City. According to our records," He looked down at his clipboard. "You are the school of Ice, and your secondary school is Myth. Your dorm number is 52, and your roommate is Andrea EarthSong. Any questions or concerns?"

Headmaster Ambrose had told me what secondary schools were, and that I would be having a roommate, so I didn't have any questions to ask.

"No, I'm fine. Thank you for the information!" I called out to him as I went over to my dorm. I kicked off my shoes and plopped down on the bed that was already set up for me. This isn't going to be as bad as I thought.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peepsie
Pvp Private
Pvp Private

PostSubject: Re: Legends of Truth, Book 1: Autumn Leaves   Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:06 pm

Chapter 3
Part 1
I heard the cawing of roosters as the Sun hung high in the sky. The glare from the bright star shone in my eyes and I was tempted to fall back asleep. But I remembered that I had classes today. I sat up groggily, rubbing my eyes a couple times, and stuffed my feet into remarkably fluffy slippers. I stood up from the bed and peered out the window. Students filed into their assigned schools with books and wands in their hands. Uh oh. I worriedly thought. I'm going to be late on my first day!

Andrea had already been up; I saw her studying her books when I had to wake up to get a snack. She was brushing her hair until she noticed that I was awake.

"Good morning, Sleepy Head!" She smiled at me and laughed. I giggled along as well.

"Hey Andrea," I said as I rummaged through my dresser to find a clean pair of pants and a t-shirt. But there was none of those. Instead, there laid folded robes and pointed hats. I was confused.

"Andrea, where are my pants and shirts?"

She looked at me, apparently confused as well. "Huh? What do you mean?"

I sighed. Then it all came surging back to my mind now; Earth. I forgot that I was in the Spiral, not Earth.

"Nevermind," I sighed in discouragement. It was very unusual for me to get discouraged easily. I'm usually very active and energetic, filled with excitement and happiness. But today was weird; I wasn't myself. I was missing my family, that's what. I wonder what's running through their heads right now. Do they miss me? Or are they just having a good time, as if nothing ever happened?

"Oh, well hurry up, we're going to be late for class! I don't want Professor Drake to yell at me again." Andrea gritted her teeth worriedly.

I threw on fresh clothes, dragged a brush through my hair a couple of times, took a gulp of juice and a swallow of toast. Now I was all set to go.

I chatted with Andrea on our way to school. Boy, did she have a lot to say!

I liked Andrea; she was really friendly, warm-hearted, and a little bit social. Andrea said that she was more on the academic side; she loved to study, she even considered herself as a nerd! I would describe her as really creative too. She plays a lot of instruments, writes her own music, and can draw pretty well! But, compare her to me. I, on the other hand, am on the athletic side; the opposite of Andrea. Andrea hated sports; but me, I can go to six hours of football by choice. Whenever I'd talk about sports, she'd turn away and make a disgusted face.

I had just gotten to the Ice school when the bell rang. I took my seat in the lonely back corner of the room. Professor Greyrose looked at me and smiled. Then she turned back.

"Alright, class! I would like to introduce you to Autumn FrostFlower. She is a new student joining us today."

Huh? I asked myself in wonder. FrostFlower? That's not my last name. Oh well, I've got to keep quiet.

All of the students turned and faced me. They waved at me with a bored expression. I waved back nervously.

"Autumn," Professor Greyrose started. "We are going to practice casting a Frost Beetle. To cast one, I told the class, to focus your mind on a picture of a beetle of ice, then trace the Ice symbol on the board here with your wand." I looked down at my frost covered wand and picked it up. I looked around me; everyone was trying to do it. Snowflakes were emitting from the crystal tops of their wands as they waved it around in the air. I shut my eyes, pictured a beetle covered in snow, and drew the symbol with my wand. I opened my eyes and standing before me was a small blue beetle. Excitement surged through me. I had done it.

"Class, look at Autumn! She did it!" Professor Greyrose grinned. "Autumn, can you tell the class what you did to summon the creature?"

I nodded. "Well, I just did what you asked. I shut my eyes and pictured a beetle. I traced the symbol with my wand and did it."
All of the other students were starting to understand it and tried to do it on their own. I looked around and all of these Frost Beetles crawled all over the room. They vanished shortly after.

Class was over, and Andrea and I met back at our dorm to rest.

"So, how did your first day go?" Andrea asked me with her mouth full of chips.

"Pretty sweet," I replied. "I learned how to cast Frost Beetle. You?"

I waited for Andrea to finish chewing. Then she began. "Well, I learned Cyclops, and then Professor Drake spent almost all of our time period yelling and lecturing a boy who was misbehaving."

"Oh," I sucked my cheeks in. "I guess it was a--"

But all of a sudden, before I could finish my sentence, there was a loud bang on the door. I jumped back and ducked for cover. And so did Andrea.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legends of Truth, Book 1: Autumn Leaves   

Back to top Go down

Legends of Truth, Book 1: Autumn Leaves
Page 1 of 1