The Wizard101 Commons
Please Log in or Join our wonderful forum.
The Wizard101 Commons
Please Log in or Join our wonderful forum.
The Wizard101 Commons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Wizard101 Forum and fansite

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inExplanation of the Mute Talents PvpsymExplanation of the Mute Talents Shopsym
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 363 on Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:55 am
Latest topics
» ANYONE STILL ACTIVE ?
Explanation of the Mute Talents I_icon_minitimeby R3VOLT Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:34 am

» To all the Guest peoples viewing please join...
Explanation of the Mute Talents I_icon_minitimeby Trafalgar Law Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:06 pm

» Major Problem
Explanation of the Mute Talents I_icon_minitimeby Dekaexadiko Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:46 pm

» Fizzle cost you a match?
Explanation of the Mute Talents I_icon_minitimeby jimmymaglies Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:57 pm

» Some people honestly disgust me.
Explanation of the Mute Talents I_icon_minitimeby jimmymaglies Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:51 pm

» What's Up Wizards?
Explanation of the Mute Talents I_icon_minitimeby jimmymaglies Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:35 pm

» HELP ME Invalid account. Please try a different username.
Explanation of the Mute Talents I_icon_minitimeby swungspeedz Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:12 pm

» Urgent Render Request
Explanation of the Mute Talents I_icon_minitimeby trogem Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:16 am

» Swift List
Explanation of the Mute Talents I_icon_minitimeby Swift Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:35 pm

» Solo Waterworks
Explanation of the Mute Talents I_icon_minitimeby Swift Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:13 pm

Wizard101's B-Day

Explanation of the Mute Talents

Go down 
+3
Zane
Alexy
Aeneas
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Aeneas
Tournament Overlord
Tournament Overlord
Aeneas

Explanation of the Mute Talents Empty
PostSubject: Explanation of the Mute Talents   Explanation of the Mute Talents I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:35 pm

sorry

Last edited by Aeneas on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alexy
Pvp Knight
Pvp Knight
Alexy

PostSubject: Re: Explanation of the Mute Talents   Explanation of the Mute Talents I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:45 pm

Aeneas wrote:
This time we will be discussing the Mute Talents and the effectiveness that they bring to the Pet Derby World. Now you may be asking yourself what does a mute talent do. Well the answer to that question is very simple, these talents are designed to prevent you from being able to use your precious Morale to Cheer! If you are not able to Cheer that is not good at all because Cheer is essential to your speed.

Now here are a few examples of some mute talents:

Mute
Description:
A Derby Ability for pets in the Derby Races.
Rarity: Uncommon
Effect: Remove Cheer from Next Pet Behind for 8 seconds
Cooldown: 45 seconds

Pipe Down!
Description:
Rarity: Rare
Effect: Remove Cheer from Next Pet Ahead for 12 seconds
Cooldown: 30 seconds

Shh!
Description:
Effect: Remove Cheer from Leader for 8 seconds

Silence
Description:
Rarity: Uncommon
Effect: Remove Cheer from Next Pet Ahead for 8 seconds

Ultra-Mute
Description:
Effect: Remove Cheer from Next Pet Behind for 12 seconds

As you can see from them they all have one thing in common they remove either cheer from the leader or from the pets behind you. So it is very important that you know how to first defend yourself from them and secondly, be able to use them against your opponent.

The best way to defend yourself is to either have immunity or unbreakable because no matter which one they use on you it will have no effect at all. If there is one thing you will learn with derby is that if there is a miss fire on an ability it can throw the race in your favor or be your biggest downfall.

Now how to use them effectively, Lucky for you your opponent most likely doesnt know what talents you have. So you have the element of surprise on your side. The most important thing to remember is what your ability does if it affects the leader or if it affects the person behind you.

Here are two tips that may help:

1. If you have Silence, Shh!, or Pipe Down, you will want to use them when the other pet is ahead of you. However, If you time this strategy properly it can really change the game . So if you have a hurry ability added into this mix it can be devastating. All because if you use these abilities first you will catch up to the pet due to the lack of cheering. So once you catch up use your hurry ability and sprint ahead to the lead!

2. If you have the other abilities Mute and Ultra Mute staying in the lead is crucial. So if you are able to pull out into the lead in the very beginning of the race and use these abilities on them. If you manage to do that plus are able to throw out a hurry (notice hurries are becoming very potent in my posts). You can leave your opponent in the dust.

However, I said before if they have immunity or unbreakable they can turn this very tricky tactic against you. So take what you have read and put it into practice because practice helps achieve perfection!

Thanks for reading!

~Aeneas~
This is a great guide! Keep up the Pet Guides! I'll keep reading!
Back to top Go down
http://alexandalex.listen2myradio.com/
Zane
Pvp Corporal
Pvp Corporal
Zane

PostSubject: Re: Explanation of the Mute Talents   Explanation of the Mute Talents I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:47 pm

You have some amazing knowledge of the Pet Derby System ; ) You never fail to impress me. Keep up the great work!

All the Best,
~Zane
Back to top Go down
Trafalgar Law
Trafalgar Law

PostSubject: Re: Explanation of the Mute Talents   Explanation of the Mute Talents I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:50 pm

awesome guide for the description
Please keep in mind anyone from further on that quoting somone's post that is this long or longer can take a long time to scroll down from I wouldn't advise it

Last edited by Ace on Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aeneas
Tournament Overlord
Tournament Overlord
Aeneas

PostSubject: Re: Explanation of the Mute Talents   Explanation of the Mute Talents I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:52 pm

Ace wrote:
Please keep in mind anyone from further on that quoting somone's post that is this longer or longer can be very annoying and people i imagine don't like to scroll down from long quotes

so i guess i should have a mod shift this to the guides section then since it ran a little long by accident..?
Back to top Go down
Trafalgar Law
Trafalgar Law

PostSubject: Re: Explanation of the Mute Talents   Explanation of the Mute Talents I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:54 pm

Aeneas wrote:
Ace wrote:
Please keep in mind anyone from further on that quoting somone's post that is this longer or longer can be very annoying and people i imagine don't like to scroll down from long quotes

so i guess i should have a mod shift this to the guides section then since it ran a little long by accident..?
no lol I'm saying that if anyone comments on this, that quotes the post should consider its a very long one!
you don't have to move it i was just suggesting not to quote the whole text
Back to top Go down
Aeneas
Tournament Overlord
Tournament Overlord
Aeneas

PostSubject: Re: Explanation of the Mute Talents   Explanation of the Mute Talents I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:56 pm

oh alright I was just wondering since everyone is referring it to a guide that I might as well put it in there along with my Spiffy Pop Post.
Back to top Go down
Trafalgar Law
Trafalgar Law

PostSubject: Re: Explanation of the Mute Talents   Explanation of the Mute Talents I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:57 pm

Aeneas wrote:
oh alright I was just wondering since everyone is referring it to a guide that I might as well put it in there along with my Spiffy Pop Post.
xD your fine i guess i should have worded that better
But nice work on the guide! i like it =D
Back to top Go down
Aeneas
Tournament Overlord
Tournament Overlord
Aeneas

PostSubject: Re: Explanation of the Mute Talents   Explanation of the Mute Talents I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:59 pm

alright well be prepared I have about 3 explanations more that I have to go over and write for us :]

Back to top Go down
Autumn
Site Artist
Site Artist
Autumn

PostSubject: Re: Explanation of the Mute Talents   Explanation of the Mute Talents I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:16 pm

nice guide. i haven't done derby in a while so if i ever go back to it then i'll use this. thanks.
Back to top Go down
JayJayy
Pvp Veteran
Pvp Veteran
JayJayy

PostSubject: Re: Explanation of the Mute Talents   Explanation of the Mute Talents I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 11:37 am

So... Many.. Pet... Guides... No one on here can say they don't understand Derby anymore. xD Great guide.
Back to top Go down
Derp
Blog Moderator
Blog Moderator
Derp

PostSubject: Re: Explanation of the Mute Talents   Explanation of the Mute Talents I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 11:03 am

Please Keep up the pet guides It helps me a big lot! Thanks Tar o;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Explanation of the Mute Talents   Explanation of the Mute Talents I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Explanation of the Mute Talents
Page 1 of 1