The Wizard101 Commons
Please Log in or Join our wonderful forum.
The Wizard101 Commons
Please Log in or Join our wonderful forum.
The Wizard101 Commons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Wizard101 Forum and fansite

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in How to be a Good Forum Poster Pvpsym How to be a Good Forum Poster Shopsym
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 363 on Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:55 am
Latest topics
» ANYONE STILL ACTIVE ?
 How to be a Good Forum Poster I_icon_minitimeby R3VOLT Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:34 am

» To all the Guest peoples viewing please join...
 How to be a Good Forum Poster I_icon_minitimeby Trafalgar Law Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:06 pm

» Major Problem
 How to be a Good Forum Poster I_icon_minitimeby Dekaexadiko Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:46 pm

» Fizzle cost you a match?
 How to be a Good Forum Poster I_icon_minitimeby jimmymaglies Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:57 pm

» Some people honestly disgust me.
 How to be a Good Forum Poster I_icon_minitimeby jimmymaglies Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:51 pm

» What's Up Wizards?
 How to be a Good Forum Poster I_icon_minitimeby jimmymaglies Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:35 pm

» HELP ME Invalid account. Please try a different username.
 How to be a Good Forum Poster I_icon_minitimeby swungspeedz Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:12 pm

» Urgent Render Request
 How to be a Good Forum Poster I_icon_minitimeby trogem Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:16 am

» Swift List
 How to be a Good Forum Poster I_icon_minitimeby Swift Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:35 pm

» Solo Waterworks
 How to be a Good Forum Poster I_icon_minitimeby Swift Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:13 pm

Wizard101's B-Day

How to be a Good Forum Poster

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ice Guardian
Pvp Private
Pvp Private
Ice Guardian

How to be a Good Forum Poster Empty
PostSubject: How to be a Good Forum Poster    How to be a Good Forum Poster I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:57 pm

Through out the guide I will post a name of a member who I think has much quality of the things I describe. If your name isn't there, please don't take it personally.

Index:

1. Introduction
2. Humor
3. Posting Style
4. Remain Polite
5. Spamming
6. Conclusion

1. Introduction

Welcome to the Good Poster Guide. You might be looking at this guide to get the hang of posting as a new member, or you may be looking at this to change from a spammer to a constructive poster that will actually assist people when needed. Or finally, you may be looking at this to make a name for yourself, and be known as that member with respect. Whatever your reason may be, if you're interested then read on!

2. Humor

You don't always have to be serious. That'll give the impression that you're a emotionless robot. Yes, you could be making good posts constantly, but you need to express a sign of humanity or otherwise people may find you more of an abnormal person than one of those admired members. If you can find the perfect mix of good posting and humor, then you're there. Joke on. Some of you may be lacking a good sense of humor, but just give it a try. With these great members, you won't be left out.

Humorous Member: Moony

3. Posting Style

Coming from a guide I want you to read, it may sound weird me saying this, but don't copy other peoples posting styles. If you are going to be a good poster, you must have your own kind of style which will probably vary among person to person. Don't be a copier. You don't want to be known as that person with no uniqueness or personality.

Member Full of Personality: Autumn

4. Remain Polite

If you're arguing with a member with another way to view the topic, try to remain as polite as possible. Getting angry at them serves no purpose at all, and will just make you look like you can't control fury. Just think, everything posted on this forum will remain there for years and years afterwards. It's a permanent mark, and when you look back you may realise how silly you might have looked at the time. To limit the amount of embarassment you may have in the future, try to contain your frustrations.

Another thing, is not to answer trolls. They are attempting to distract your thread from the main topic about it, and answering them will simply distract it further and it will counteract you. Just ignore them and stick to the topic at hand. They'll get bored and go away. Problem is, there is always someone who will answer them, so by not answering you're simply limiting their number of victims as much as possible. If they break the rules, report them and they'll be punished by Arther or any other moderator.

Someone With Great Temper: Bailes

5. Spamming

You may have a massive appetite to post in every thread, but don't. Try to hold back. It's much better to have ten informative posts than one hundred smaller ones, since it is really about quality not quantity. Not posting so much allows you to let other members to express their views, and then when it comes around to you posting in the thread there's much more for you to answer rather than replying to every single new post that gets made. Having a high post count means nothing unless they're good posts, in which case it would be an accurate measurement of your offering.

Someone Who Never Spams: Kaito

Forms of Spam:
- Repeating unnecessary letters
- Using more than three smileys in a post
- Going off-topic
- Making a thread that does not pertain to the name of the forum
- Advertise shops, threads, and other things you made

If you see the above, please report them to a moderator or Arther

6. Conclusion

An easy way to get started would be to maintain your grammar in your posts to as high a standard as you possibly can. If you want to make a good post, it's good if you at least make it look like a good post. Remember that the only way moderators can moderate your post is if they can see it. Then, you just need to try and stick to topics you know about, and try to add as much as you can about the topic in hand rather than just a short little one-liner. I hope that this guide helped you on your quest to become the next Autumn or Kaito. Thank you for reading!

Someone With All Qualities: Arther

- Ice Guardian
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Pvp Veteran
Pvp Veteran
Natalie

How to be a Good Forum Poster Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to be a Good Forum Poster    How to be a Good Forum Poster I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:36 pm

Back to top Go down

How to be a Good Forum Poster
Page 1 of 1