The Wizard101 Commons
Please Log in or Join our wonderful forum.
The Wizard101 Commons
Please Log in or Join our wonderful forum.
The Wizard101 Commons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Wizard101 Forum and fansite

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inStars of the Spiral PvpsymStars of the Spiral Shopsym
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 363 on Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:55 am
Latest topics
» ANYONE STILL ACTIVE ?
Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeby R3VOLT Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:34 am

» To all the Guest peoples viewing please join...
Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeby Trafalgar Law Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:06 pm

» Major Problem
Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeby Dekaexadiko Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:46 pm

» Fizzle cost you a match?
Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeby jimmymaglies Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:57 pm

» Some people honestly disgust me.
Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeby jimmymaglies Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:51 pm

» What's Up Wizards?
Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeby jimmymaglies Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:35 pm

» HELP ME Invalid account. Please try a different username.
Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeby swungspeedz Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:12 pm

» Urgent Render Request
Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeby trogem Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:16 am

» Swift List
Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeby Swift Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:35 pm

» Solo Waterworks
Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeby Swift Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:13 pm

Wizard101's B-Day

Stars of the Spiral

Go down 
+5
Kaito
Anubis
Luke
Arther
Necrowoman
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Necrowoman
Pvp Private
Pvp Private
Necrowoman

Stars of the Spiral Empty
PostSubject: Stars of the Spiral   Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 1:42 am

Stars of the Spiral Picture

Hello, hello! First, a big hug to you for even clicking on this <3 Second, if you've been on Central and read stories in their S&P forum, then you might (but most likely not) recognize my story, which I am now posting here! Very Happy Here's the prologue, the next chapters will be coming shortly ^^ I will be updating this thread after the Central one. So without further ado, here's my story.....

Stars of the Spiral

Prologue

Rain hissed down steadily on the broken remains of a small cottage, putting out the last of the fires that were set. Draconians of different colors and shapes slunk among the ruins, grumbling to themselves and shaking out their wings from the rain. They continued their search of the ruins, but it was in vain. The cottage was empty except for ruined furniture and burnt wood. A large gap tore through the thick blanket of heavy gray clouds, the setting sun turning the raindrops red, as if a massacre had taken place. The lead draconian called out to the others, who gladly followed him into the shelter of the caves in the nearby cliffs.

Farther into the forest, under the only living tree left, stood a tall, dark figure, shrouded in shadows. The leader of the draconians nervously approached him, knowing well what could the punishment of bringing back bad news.
“My lord,” he hissed, bowing shakily. The figure turned to him, his black eyes glinting.

“The-there’ssss nothing in the cottage, Ssssire. From the stench of the place it was empty long before we arrived.” he continued. The man just dismissed him with a flick of his hand. The draconian bowed again, and in his haste to obey, tripped over a root before slithering back into the growing darkness.

“So they have escaped yet again. How long can you run? How long can you hide? What does it take to make a slip-up so I can take what I need?” he muttered to himself quietly. The red orb at the top of his staff glowed faintly. However long it takes, no matter where you go, I will find you, kill you, and I will take what should be rightfully mine, no matter what the cost, he thought murderously. Fury rose inside him, white hot and boiling over. As thunder crackled overhead he let out a frustrated roar and stabbed the end of his staff deep into the large tree. Dust and sap sprayed from the trunk like blood, birds sheltering in its branches screeching and taking flight as the tree blackened and the leaves withered before drifting to the ground. He quickly checked that a certain object he obtained was still in its black bag, then vanished in a swirl of shadows, leaving the forest smoking and ruined.

Last edited by Necrowoman on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Necrowoman
Pvp Private
Pvp Private
Necrowoman

PostSubject: Re: Stars of the Spiral   Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 1:48 am

Since I have three chapters as of now, they'll be posted really soon ^^ Here's chapter 1!

Stars of the Spiral

Chapter One

The early morning rain hissed down steadily, its whispers ringing constantly in my ears. I pulled my hood up tighter and continued trudging on home, a heavy feeling in my heart.

“Are you excited? I‘m excited! I can’t wait, I can’t wait, I can’t wait!” my younger sister squealed, skipping a little ahead of me in a burst of energy.

“How many times have you asked me that?” I grumbled, sloshing through a puddle as I marched up to our aunt and uncle’s house.

“So did they come yet?” my uncle Lucas asked as we hung out wet coats up.

“Yeah, they came,” I growled, pulling the letter out from my jacket then tossed on the table before stomping upstairs to my room. I dropped onto my bed with a sigh and stared up at the pastely white ceiling. The day I’ve been dreading practically my whole life had come.

“Come ON Amber, you gotta start packing!” my sister, Jasmine (or Jazz, as she prefers) shouted through my door, banging on it before running into her own room. I lay on my bed a few more minutes, before finally summoning the strength to pull my larger suitcase out from under my bed and started folding clothes up.

“Get off there kitty.” I said, pushing my silver cat off the suitcase. Half an hour later, I managed to cram the stuff I needed most into the case. I stuffed my cat into her cage and headed downstairs.

“Try to cheer up Amber.” aunt Sophia said as she checked over Jazz’s bag. “How many people get the chance to learn real magic?” I just huffed another sigh and plopped down on the couch. Yeah, she really said that. Ever since we were five, we knew that we were wizards, or witches if you prefer the feminine form. And now we were heading off to some crazy town or where ever to learn how to use magic.

“You got everything you need?” uncle Lucas asked.

“Yeah.” I replied shortly.

“Hey, she’s here!” Jazz shrieked, gazing outside the window. A few seconds later our older cousin, Allison, knocked on the door before standing in the foyer, dripping wet.

“Hey, you two.” she grinned, giving Jazz a noogie and me a warm smile. “You ready to leave?”

“Let’s go already!” Jazz practically shouted, jumping up and down before making a quick dash to the living room to get her bags.

“Amber.” aunt Sophia called. I turned to her to find her holding a white box. “I’ve been keeping these for a while and I thought…I thought you should have them.”

“What is it?” I asked.

“Just open it later and you’ll see. You-your parents asked me to give it to you once you were leaving.” she sniffed. I inhaled sharply. Before I could say anything Allison came up behind me.

“Come on, we gotta go if we’re going to make it on time.” she said.

“You’ll be fine.” Sophia reassured me, seeing the worried look in my aquamarine eyes. Nervously, I took Allison’s hand and, with a last glance towards my aunt and uncle, disappeared into a swirling vortex of dark storm clouds.

The whole world spun before my eyes. Images of random places that I’ve never seen before flashed before my eyes, a snow covered mountaintop one second, a clock tower the next. Everything kept spinning wildly until, finally, we came to a stop. Allison let go of our hands and turned to us.

“Well, welcome to Wizard City!” she said. I opened my eyes and let out a gasp. We had ended up in a brightly lit courtyard of sorts, cobblestone sidewalks and houses surrounding a large sparkling pond, glittering in the morning sun. Despite the clear sky, there was a nip in the air, and the leaves on the trees were turning bright gold and red, getting ready for their winter sleep. People of all ages were walking around in strange clothing, or just hanging around in places, talking and laughing.

“Whoa, cool! Where is this? What’s with the strange clothes? Is that really a two-headed dog?” Jazz burst, taking in the scenery with wide emerald eyes.

“This is the Commons, one of the main parts of Wizard City. You’ll find Ravenwood, the school you’ll be learning at, down that way, and the Shopping District through that tunnel,” Allison explained, motioning towards a large stone wall, leaves bursting out of the top from a large tree.

“Well, where are we supposed to go?” I mumbled, starting to feel a little overwhelmed.

“I think we’ll head on over to the Headmaster’s tower to find out what school you’ll be in first. We just have to talk to Headmaster Ambrose and Gamma, his owl.” Allison replied, leading us into an enormous stone tower that was behind us. Students around our age were milling around in groups, talking excitedly to one another. Books in all shapes and sizes were flying around, landing on piles only to take off and land on another. Behind a large wooden desk was an old man dressed in elegant, navy blue robes with bright yellow moons and stars patterned into them. An owl was perched next to him, wearing a deep purple scarf, also with star patterns, a monocle, and what looked like a purple graduation cap.

“Hello Headmaster Ambrose.” Allison greeted him. He looked up from his paperwork and saw us.

“Miss Stormcloud, how nice it is to see you! And I see you brought your cousins.” the Headmaster said. “I assume they’re here to learn their school?”

“That’s right. When can they start the test?” she asked.

“T-test? What test? You didn’t say anything about a test!” I hissed into her ear.

“Don’t worry, we’re not going to make you fight a Cyclops one-on-one.” Ambrose chuckled, amusement sparkling in the one cerulean blue eye that wasn‘t covered by a monocle. “All you have to do is touch this crystal ball to find out what school you are.” he motioned to a crystal ball on a stand next to his desk, which was glowing softly. “We would’ve used the Book of Secrets if someone hadn’t dropped it into a cauldron.” he shot a glare at his owl, who fluffed up his feathers and let out something between an embarrassed cough and a hoot.

“Cool, I’ll go first!” Jazz squealed, not waiting for permission. She nearly knocked the ball off its stand as she slapped her hand on it. A few seconds later, she let out a small squeak as the crystal ball suddenly glowed a bright, warm green.

“Wow, what was that?” she breathed, looking amazed at something.

“Oh goodness, I forgot to mention that you also learn your new last name, along with your school.” Ambrose said.

“New last name? What’s wrong with the ones we have already?” I inquired.

“Wizards names are more different than those on Earth. It’s a requirement here on Wizard City.” Gamma explained. “Since the ball glowed green, it means you are in the School of Life. Did you understand what you saw in the crystal ball?”

“Yeah, I think so. I think my last name is…..Goldenflower.” Jazz said in wonder, then added, “Cool!”

“Your turn Ams.” Allison said, pushing me forward. Shakily, I placed my pale hand on the crystal ball. The last thing I heard was my startled gasp before being plunged into darkness.

“Amber…” someone whispered. What? Where am I? I thought, my eyes fluttering open. I let out a small gasp when I saw my surroundings. I wasn’t in the Headmaster’s Tower anymore. Instead, I had ended up inside a dark forest, the trunks of the trees and the undergrowth a shadowy gray. Weak, watery gray sunlight barely filtered through the leaves overhead, giving the place a despairing, gloomy feel.

I shivered, brushing off a few falling leaves off my shoulders before leaning against a sturdy, blackened trunk. “

“Where is this place? How did I end up here?” I whispered to myself. Before I could take a step onto a small path I noticed, the breeze picked up from behind me, playing with my snowy white hair. Chills crawled up my spine like spiders when I heard the voice again, just barely audible over the rustling leaves.

“Amber….”

Nervously, I turned on my heel to face the wind. Everything looked the same behind me, the same dark trunks, the same weak sunlight. Despite the forest just being there, I start to feel the sensation of someone watching you, even though you can’t see anyone. Unsettled, I stepped out from the undergrowth and walked quickly down the dirt path, away from the voice.

But the whispering didn’t stop. Now in a panic, I broke into a sprint. I tore my way through the overhanging branches, through the bushes, their thorns tearing at my skin. Finally, after what felt like hours of running, I burst out of the forest and into a small clearing. Gasping for air, I quickly surveyed my surroundings. Despite me being in a clearing, thick gray foliage still covered the sky, sapping away the warmth and brightness of the golden rays of the sun and turning them bleak and cold. Confused and scared, I seated myself on the dead grass and pulled my knees to my chest.

“How am I going to get out of here?” I whispered to myself. I let out a loud gasp as the whispers started up again, wreathing their way through the branches of the trees and into my ears. I let out a small scream, clamping my hands tight over my ears.

“Leave me alone!” I screamed, screwing my eyes shut as the mysterious voices echoed throughout my head.

Suddenly, everything went silent. The whispering finally stopped.

Cautiously, I opened one of my eyes. Everything was still. Not a leaf quivered. I slowly lowered my hands from my ears, climbing shakily to my feet. Before I could wonder why the whispering had stopped, I noticed a faint, white glow from behind me, steadily yet quickly growing brighter. I whirled around, almost tripping over the long grass in my haste to back up.

Much to my surprise, an enormous, pure white winged horse was flying towards me, with a strange rider dressed in all white on its back. He was holding a golden lantern in his hand, the source of the light besides the horse. With surprising grace for a horse its size, it came to a running stop on the grass, snorting slightly.

“Amber.” the rider said, barely more than a whisper. I couldn’t see his face as it was covered by a white hood, something in me stirred when he spoke. Before I could make out what it was, the feeling was gone, leaving in its place awe and a bit of fear.

“W-who are y-you?” I stuttered, my muscles tensed in case I needed to run. It’s not like I’d get very far though.

“My name is Lucius, and that’s all you need to know, for now.” the strange person replied in his feathery voice, “I have been sent here to give you your name and what school you are in.”

“Um…okay then.” I muttered.

“From now on, in this world, you will be known as Amber Nightwraith, a Necromancer, after your mother.” Lucius said. He suddenly turned his hooded figure slightly backwards, gazing behind him like someone had called for him.

“I must go now, but this will not be the last time we meet. It’s been foretold in the stars….”

“Wait, what do you mean by that? Why do we have to meet up again?” I asked, but just as the words were leaving my mouth, his horse suddenly let out a deafening neigh, rearing on its hind legs. Lucius raised his lantern, engulfing me in hot, white light.
Startled, my eyes snapped open, revealing the Headmaster’s room before my legs crumpled beneath me.

Back to top Go down
Necrowoman
Pvp Private
Pvp Private
Necrowoman

PostSubject: Re: Stars of the Spiral   Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 1:55 am

Chapter two!! O:

Stars of the Spiral
Chapter Two

The room spun before my eyes as I collapsed, blinking out momentarily. Thankfully, Allison and the girl in the blue robes managed to catch me before I could hit the floor. Jazz ended up rescuing the crystal ball before it shattered on the floor.

“Whoa, hold up there! What happened?” Allison asked, helping me to my feet.

“I…I don’t really know.” I panted after taking a few deep breaths. “I guess I just…fainted.”

“All right, back it up people! This isn’t a circus show you know!” Jazz said, chivying the people who had crowded around away.

“Do you need to visit the Infirmary?” Headmaster Ambrose inquired. “I can ask one of our Life students to take you there.”

“No, I think I’m good.” I said, taking a few deep breaths.

“If you’re sure…you should take it easy, just in case.” he replied. “Well then, did you find out what your last name is? From the way the crystal ball glowed, I’d say you are in the school of Death.”

That made my heart skip a beat. “D-death? What does that mean?” I stammered.

“The Death school focuses on the arts of Necromancy, or being able to summon undead creatures to do their bidding.” the girl in blue robes answered. “It’s one of the three spiritual schools here at Ravenwood.”

“Quite right Ms. Dawnbreaker.” Gamma hooted. “Now that you’ve found out what school you’re going to be in, you should speak to Mr. Lincoln, our Registrar, to acquaint yourselves with the different schools of Ravenwood and your dorm rooms. Good day to you!”

“Oh, I don’t think I’ve introduced myself.” the girl said as we filed out of the Headmaster’s office. “I’m Jenna Dawnbreaker, Novice Conjurer.”

“These are my cousins, Jasmine Goldenflower and Amber Nightwraith, and I’m Allison Stormcloud.” Allison greeted. “Hey Jenna, if you don’t mind showing them around Ravenwood, I can head on over to the Shopping District and pick up their novice robes. Do you mind?”

“Not at all. Just follow me you two.” Jenna said, leading the way into the cold stone tunnel that led to the school. The air inside was much more chilled than outside, so much so that our breath swirled into mist before us, the air biting at our noses. Thankfully it was only half a minute later before we emerged out of the dark tunnel.

One of the most strangest, yet most beautiful scenery met my eyes. Hiding within the unfeeling stone walls sat an enormous, moss covered tree, it’s thick roots reaching far under the cobblestone paths of Ravenwood. Despite the season being fall, it’s leaves were still a vibrant green, shading the school from the winter sun, chilling the air slightly. But what really surprised me is that this gigantic tree had a face, like a human’s, with one of it’s sky blue eyes missing. Students were casually walking in and out of what looked like its mouth, sometimes pausing to hail a greeting.

“That’s Bartleby, the Grandfather Tree.” Jenna explained, seeing our stunned faces. “Yes, he’s intelligent. Just about every legend you’ll hear says that Bartleby is the source of all magic, the creator of the Spiral. Oh, there’s Mr. Lincoln, the Registrar. We’ll talk to him about getting you settled into a dorm.” she pointed to a tall, lanky figure surrounded by a small crowd of kids. I rubbed my eyes, doing a double take to make sure he actually was a human-sized stork in navy blue staff robes.

“Amber Nightwraith, Jasmine Goldenflower, and Jenna Dawnbreaker? Hmm, it looks like the three of you will be sharing the same dorm, room A-115, along with a Thaumaturge by the name of Amy Icecloud.” he said after we gave him our names. We thanked him and followed Jenna to the girl’s dormitory, dragging our suitcases along the leafy ground.

Inside the dormitory it was very warm, a nice change from the nipping air outside. Red wallpaper with gold patterns covered the circular walls, a brick fireplace crackling cheerily with flames. Several doors led to other places; upstairs to the dorm rooms, a kitchen, and several bathrooms. A couple students in different schools were lounging around on black and red settee’s, talking or finishing up their homework. Our feet sank into a plush cream colored carpet as we walked up the spiral staircase towards our room, heading upwards until we finally reached A-115.

The dorm room was covered with the same carpet, same wallpaper, with two bunk beds set against the wall, with a girl already occupying one of the top beds. A desk was against the wall opposite of us, with a door leading to a small, cozy study. Another led to a bathroom already stocked with supplies.

“I call the last top bunk!” Jenna and Jazz shouted at the same time, leaping onto the ladder to claim the bunk. I just shook my head and placed my bags on the bunk under the girl’s bed, letting Isis out before starting to unpack.

“Well, we’re going to have an interesting time aren’t we?” the girl said in a British-like accent. She tucked a strand of her short, light auburn hair as she leaned over the side of her bed. “The name’s Amy Icecloud, it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“Amber Nightwraith.” I introduced myself, “And those two are Jenna Dawnbreaker and Jasmine Goldenflower.” motioning towards the pair. Jazz had finally managed to toss her suitcase up there, claiming the top bunk. Jenna tossed hers onto the bed under it, looking a little sullen.

“So what do we do first?” Jazz asked once she was done unpacking.

“You’ll need starter robes first off.” Allison said she walked in, a couple of plastic shopping bags in hand. She tossed one to me, the other to Jasmine. I pulled out midnight black robes and an ankle-length cloak, trimmed with blood-red colored fur while Jazz had hers in a deep, pine green color with the same red trim.

“Great, now can we go explore?” she asked excitedly, fastening her new cloak on.

“Sure. Why don’t we check out the schools so you can pick out your secondary?” Jenna replied, pulling on a navy blue cloak before heading out the door.

After saying goodbye to Ally before she left with a couple of friends and accepting a bag of gold coins to buy our school supplies, we spent the rest of the afternoon exploring the Shopping District and Ravenwood, talking to the school trees (which was kinda awkward at first) and the teachers, trying to figure out the maps and schedules we had been given and buying the necessary parchment, quills, wands, and even a couple of robes that were magically sewn to boost our magic.

“You mean we have to learn our school magic out in the freezing cold?” I asked Malorn Ashthorn, the student who taught half of the Death class when we approached him. I gaped at the large chasm in front of me. Except for some of Bartleby’s root tips and some floating chunks of rock varying in size, nothing was left of the Death school. Gulping, I peered down the side of the edge, wondering just how long the drop were to be if we fell into the gray-ish black clouds swirling underneath the school.

“Just until the first snowfall.” he replied, looking a bit sheepish. “Once the weather gets more colder we’ll move to one of the buildings in the Commons.”

“Great. Just my luck.” I sighed as we headed towards the Myth school.

“At least your teacher isn’t Drake.” Jenna shivered, gulping silently before opening the door. Five seconds later the four of us burst out of the school.

“Guess I shouldn’t be complaining after all.” I panted, leaning against the Myth tower to catch my breath. My gratitude for having a fellow student as a stand-in professor had increased ten-fold. Once we got over the initial shock of meeting the meanest teacher on campus, we headed on over to the Life school.

Our still racing hearts almost instantly calmed the moment we stepped inside. Despite the weather turning cold, everything inside the school felt very warm, and bright. Golden sunlight filtered through the ivy covering the walls and windows, the sound of wind chimes faint in our ears. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief before walking up to the Life professor, who turned out to be….a talking cow.

Now I’ve seen it all, I mused to myself as the professor introduced herself as Moolinda Wu and told us the basics of Life magic.

“Looks like I’ll be nice and warm this winter!” Jazz giggled as we said goodbye to Professor Wu and turned to leave the Life school.

“Lucky you. I bet Drake’s gonna have us freezing our butts off…” my attention to their conversation trailed off as I took in our surroundings yet again. As we made our way to the Commons, a couple of Theurgists we passed suddenly broke off their conversation and glared at us.

“Eewwww, a Necromancer in our school? Great, I just cleaned it during summer school!” one of the girls scoffed to her friend, just loud enough so I’d hear what they were gossiping about.

“Yeah, now we gotta clean it out all over again.” her friend replied, before the both of them broke out into scornful giggles while glaring at me. Wincing, I quickened my pace until I caught up with Amy.

“Don’t let those two get you down.” she said, overhearing the conversation.

“I don’t get why they have to act like that.” I muttered.

“There’s rivalries between the schools here, and the one between the Life and Death schools are the biggest. Just ignore people like that, they aren’t worth your time.” Amy explained, giving me a sympathetic glance before sticking her nose into back into a book as she walked.

“Do you guys wanna head back to the Shopping District for lunch? My treat.” Jenna offered.

“Oooh, let’s go!” Jasmine replied, “You coming Ams?”

“Actually I was thinking of heading over to the Library instead. It’s just over there isn’t it?” I said, pointing past a bridge to the building just barely visible beyond it.

“Yup, that’s the one. Guess we’ll see you in an hour ‘kay?” Jenna confirmed, waving as we headed our separate ways.

Despite the air being slightly chilled, I found myself thinking, This is the best place out of everything here. Four sparkling waterfalls of crystal clear water were pouring steadily into corner pools under them, spilling out of the aqueducts that were seated inside the intricately carved dome high above everyone’s heads. Multi-colored banners of six of the schools hung on the walls. Enchanted red ropes separated students from some of the dark hallways beyond them, the only light shining a bright blue from the cold lamps that hung from wooden pegs on the walls. Like in the Headmaster’s office, the books were lazily floating around, settling themselves in their correct spots on the shelves when someone just stuffed them onto a random shelf or landing in wizards hand’s. Were it not for the sound of the waterfalls, the grinding of the enchanted book-carrying system, and the faint, eerie whispering from some of the books, everything would’ve been too quiet.
While I was taking in my surroundings, a boy in sun yellow and light purple robes rushed up to me, his footsteps echoing off the light brown tiles.

“Uh, hey what’s up? I’m the librarian’s assistant, Boris Tallstaff, but you can just call me Boris.” he introduced himself, brushing back his white, spiky hair. “So, do you need help with anything?”

“Um, yeah I’m looking for Basic Wizardry by Nora Dustheart, Traps and Transformation by Morgrim Shadowsoul, and History of the Spiral by Angel Dreamcatcher.” I replied. “Could you tell me where the fiction section is too?”
“Sure, the fiction section is on the second floor, second door on the right.” Boris replied, pulling some books off of the enchanted library conveyor (**Edit: fixed. Thanks Nick ^^**) before handing them to me.

“Anything else you need?” he asked.

“No, I think that’s it. Thanks for the help.” I waved before heading to the second floor.

Things were much more quiet here, and a little brighter. Sunlight streamed in through the large bay windows high above the bookshelves, warming the place up some. Besides the same faint whispering of the books, and sometimes other people reading to themselves, everything was eerily silent. Strange paintings of different kinds of human-like animals leered at me as I passed. Unsettled, I hurried to the middle bookshelves, away from the walls and into the comfort of the calming old book smells. After browsing through some of the shelves and flipping through a couple of books, I finally settled down with a few stories on one of the padded chairs that were available and decided to start on History of the Spiral first.

“Hey Amber!” Jazz called to me nearly an hour later, cutting off sheepishly when a couple of people shushed her as she passed them.

“Here, drink this outside.” she tossed me a can of something called “Gobbler Pop”, with a strange green thing on the front. Reluctant to leave the growing comfort of the library, I followed her down the stairs an outside the library, the books I bought in a plastic bag.

“Don’t worry, it tastes a lot better than it looks” Jenna snickered as we met up with her, seeing the expression on my face as I studied the can.

“I’ll take your word for it, against my better will.” I shrugged, popping open the can and taking a swig as we walked back through the Commons to the dorms. Surprisingly, it did taste good, kind of like Sprite back on Earth. Before following the others into the Ravenwood tunnel, a flash of brown caught my eye, followed by a muffled thump! as the thing fell from one of the towers on the wall guarding Ravenwood. Curious, I walked over to it, searching through the long grass for whatever fell. After a few minutes of searching, my free hand brushed against leather. The thing that fell from the wall turned out to be a leather book, it’s muddy-looking cover cracked and peeling with age. Despite how old the book was, a bright, multi-pointed star on the cover was bright, as if it was just painted on.

“Weird, what’s this doing here?” I muttered to myself, wondering what the strange symbols on the cover and spine meant.

“You coming Amber?” Jenna asked, her brown bangs falling over her sapphire blue eyes as she poked her head out from the tunnel.

“Yeah, I’m coming.” I replied. I thought of just putting the book back where it fell, in case someone was looking for it, but something inside me felt that it was important. So I just dropped the book into the bag with the others before following Jenna into the darkness of
the Ravenwood tunnel.
Back to top Go down
Necrowoman
Pvp Private
Pvp Private
Necrowoman

PostSubject: Re: Stars of the Spiral   Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:00 am

Chapter three coming at'cha! Razz After this I'll be working on the next one.

Stars of the Spiral
Chapter Three

“You’re sure they won’t come this way?” I asked Amy again.

“Yes, I’m quite sure.” she sighed, barely looking up from the top of her book. “You’re just fretting over nothing.”

A couple of days after we first arrived here, Amy, Jazz, and I were taking a break from fighting the wandering spirits and mischievous dark fairies that now wandered the streets of Unicorn Way. Since we had covered the basics of learning our school magic, we were sent to deal with the ghosts and monsters that had taken up residence on the once lively street a month or so back. As the dark fairies and skeletal pirates wandered freely on the streets in broad daylight, the people who lived here had to bar all their doors and windows, in fear of being attacked. It was only by the power of protective force fields cast onto the sidewalks by Ambrose himself that we were able to talk and rest at all in Unicorn Park.

“When’s Jenna coming?” I pondered, glancing past the Arena doors to the gates that led to the Commons. “Isn’t she supposed to be here too?”

“She said via whisper chat that Professor Drake held her back to clean off the chalkboards so we might not see her…oh until sometime next week I bet.” Jazz reported, popping the last Gummy Humongofrog in her mouth before tossing the empty bag into a nearby trashcan. “Now can we get back to dueling?” she added, bounding off down the street with us being pulled by the arm in her wake.

“Uhh, how do we do this again?” I whispered to Amy as Jazz pulled some lost souls that wandered up to the sidewalk into the duel circle she conjured up.

“Just throw the card you want to use in the air and draw the school symbol around it, like this.” she replied patiently, pulling out a light blue Frost Beetle card from her spell deck and throwing it into the air. The card spun a few times before stopping to face Amy at arms length, glowing a bright ice blue as she pulled the energy from the card into the Ice symbol. After tapping the glowing card with her wand, frost spread over the ground before her, faster than glass cracking, the frozen beetle dropping in from the sky before crawling forward at a speedy pace to sink it’s icy pincers into the ghoul. With a ghostly groan, it was pulled into the ground, finally being put to rest.

“It’s easy, just try it already.” Jazz encouraged me, casting her Imp spell on the second ghost. The second one was soundly defeated as it raised its opaque arms to cover the part of its head where the Soul’s ears where, moaning from the loud music the Imp was playing. Raising my arms, I pulled out the Dark Sprite spell that was given to me and began to draw the Death symbol. Pulling the decaying energy that I felt tingling around my feet to the card, I managed to shape the smoke into the skull figure of the symbol with my wand. Once the symbol was completed, I rapped my wand on the card…..and promptly fizzled. The smoke turned to ash as it dissipated into the breeze.

“You gotta be kidding me.” I growled under my breath as the ghoul let out a ghostly chuckle.

“Don’t worry, it’s just one fizzle.” Jazz reassured me as she cast her spell again, aiming for the last lost soul.

“Hey! You three!” someone called before Jazz could go after more ghosts. The person who called us turned out to be Ceren Nightchant, the Legendary Theurgist who was actually kind enough to help out the Novices on the Way.
“What’s wrong?” Amy asked.

“I just got a warning from Headmaster Ambrose, he says he wants every student Adept level and under to head back to the dorms. Something’s happened.” he shouted over his shoulder as he ran down the street to warn the others.

Casting nervous glances at each other, we hurried through Unicorn Park back to Ravenwood. Once inside the dorm room, we sat on the stairs with a couple of Diviners, whispering to one another about what could’ve happened.
A strong gust of wind suddenly blew through the room, silencing most of the whispers as Professor Greyrose fluttered in.

“Everyone, may I have your attention?” she called out. After a few moments, every girl in the room gave her their undivided attention.

“As of last night, there’s been a situation on a couple of the streets here in Wizard City. Headmaster Ambrose declared that Triton Avenue and Cyclops Lane be closed due to kidnappings that have occurred there.”

A babble of questions and gasps of shock broke out, cutting the professor off and filling the room with even more noise than before.

“Settle down, settle down!” Greyrose called over the student’s voices. It took longer this time for things to quiet down. Whispers still broke out as she continued speaking.

“You won’t be sent home yet, but there will be restrictions. Any student Adept level and younger won’t be allowed past the Shopping District unless there’s at least two Grandmaster or Legendary students around. A curfew is taking effect at eight o’clock tonight and you will notice more guards around.” the Ice professor continued.

“Oh man, the Gm’s aren’t going to like this.” a girl nearby whispered to her friend, who nodded in agreement.

“Professor, who are the kidnapped students?” Amy spoke up, her normally calm, heart-shaped face looking more and more distressed.

But Greyrose didn’t seem to hear her, or chose not to. Instead she just offered some last words of reassurance before fluttering out the door.

“Can we head back upstairs now? It’s really crowded.” I complained, grabbing my sister and Amy by the arms and making our way back to our room.

“What was that all about?” Jazz asked Amy once I snapped the door shut.

“I…I was just wondering who was taken.” Amy muttered, sitting in the chair at the desk.
Jasmine and I exchanged a quick glance, turning out attention to Jenna as she walked in.

“If I never see a chalkboard again, it’ll be too soon.” she coughed, beating some of the chalk dust off her robes.

“I know, but I don’t see why you had to wait ‘til you were up here to dust yourself off.” Jazz sneezed, backing well away from her.

“So what did I miss?” Jenna inquired, shaking her dusty hat at my sister. While the two of them filled Jenna in on what happened, I grabbed my backpack and locked the door to the small study before pulling out my homework and a couple of books.

“Oh, hi there Isis.” I said as my silvery gray cat jumped up onto my lap. I scratched her ears before picking up my quill and starting my essay on the history of Death magic.

After spending nearly an hour looking up answers, poring over different books I had, and shooing my little sister away, I finally wrote up the last sentence with a flourish. Sighing, I leaned back in my chair, stretching my arms out. I was about to head down to dinner in the mess hall with the others, when something caught my eye as I placed Traps and Transformations into my backpack. It was the old leather book I found earlier, I had almost forgotten about it with everything going on. Until now. Shouting back to Amy through the door, I pulled the book out and placed it on the desk.

“Wha-hey get down!” I scolded Isis, who had pricked her head up and nearly jumped onto the desk when I pulled the book out. I shoved her off my lap, then carefully opened the book to the first page.

My sky blue eyes widened in shock as they traveled down the page. Despite the covers being so old, the pages held within them felt like they had just been written on, that new book smell wafting up to my nose. I couldn’t read what was written, due to the fact that it was written in another language, but it was the map below the introduction paragraph that made me gasp in shock.

It was the most precise, most clear map I’ve ever seen, depicting a vast island world covered in a warm blanket of leafy green. A few ribbons of aqua blue winding their way through the forest. It was so well drawn that I felt like I could see every leaf, every rock and stone on the craggy ridge of the mountains, every pebble lying among the riverbed. I could almost see the branches waving in the wind, the water coursing its way through the world before tumbling off its edges. Perhaps I could, due to some hidden magic. I couldn’t tell.

But not everything was covered in trees. Right at the foot of the mountain, a majestic, vast palace made of ivory white marble and concrete sat, looking out over the city that spread out below it. Sparkling clear water snaked its way throughout it, forming canals that eventually joined together and led to an enormous lake. I noted that there were other island worlds orbiting the main one, along with two moons, one slightly smaller than the other.

Even though I felt like I could see every single detail, there was one place I couldn’t see clearly. The peak of the mountain. I could see the fluffy white clouds swirling as they wreathed around the top, but they always hid the peak from view. As hard as I tried, I couldn’t see past them.

“Come eat already, before there’s nothing left!” Jazz declared, suddenly popping up next to me through teleporting. With a loud yelp, I collapsed out of the chair, making Isis even more mad as I ended up squishing her. With an annoyed his, she prowled out of the room, ears flat against her head and tail fluffed up.

“All right, all right, I’m coming.” I replied, irritated. "And we aren't supposed to be porting yet!"

“Cool, whatcha reading?” My irritation quickly dissipated when I saw the look on her face as she turned her attention to the book, the words she was about to say stuck in her throat. After a minute or two of staring at the page, she blinked a few times.

“Dang…I can’t believe how awesome that book is.” she said, awestruck.

“I can’t believe you were quiet for more than thirty seconds.” I replied, cracking a grin.

“Oh be quiet.” Jasmine retorted, rolling her eyes. “Now let’s go eat!” she grabbed me by the arm and pulled me downstairs to the mess hall. Casting a forlorn glance back at our dorm, something tugged at my heart, reluctant to just leave the book up there where anyone could read it. It felt important, to say the least, and I had the strangest feeling someone was going to try to take it back.

(**Please note that the POV switch from first to third is intentional, so please don’t point it out as a mistake (; I want it that way, both for this chapter and for some future ones**)

The small, slight figure watched the two girls leave the room, hidden safely among the branches of Bartleby close to the tower. He narrowed his amber eyes, his intense gaze tracking their every move.

So…..she was right after all. The figure thought, pausing a moment before leaping down the great tree and slinking through the tunnel, keeping to the shadows to stay hidden. Before he entered, the figure turned his searing gaze back to the stone tower.

They have come.

With a slight chill crawling up his spine, he stepped into the Ravenwood tunnel, quickly swallowed up by the darkness.

But what he didn’t notice was a pure white raven perched on the wall above him, just out of sight. It too had seen what the other had seen, the two girls and the book. With a loud cry, the raven flapped its snow white wings and soared out of the gap where the Death school used to be, flying out into the sea of churning gray clouds.
Back to top Go down
Arther
Administrator
Administrator
Arther

PostSubject: Re: Stars of the Spiral   Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 2:39 am

Great Story! Smile

-Arther
Back to top Go down
https://wizard101commons.forumotion.com
Luke
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Luke

PostSubject: Re: Stars of the Spiral   Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:41 am

Necrowoman, I love your story!
It also has a very nice title.

- Luke
Back to top Go down
Necrowoman
Pvp Private
Pvp Private
Necrowoman

PostSubject: Re: Stars of the Spiral   Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:25 pm

Thank you, both of you xD
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Pvp Corporal
Pvp Corporal
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Stars of the Spiral   Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 11:00 am

Very nice story. ^^
It's going to take me a while to read but I know it will be worth it Smile
Back to top Go down
Luke
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Luke

PostSubject: Re: Stars of the Spiral   Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 4:55 pm

Austin wrote:
It's going to take me a while to read but I know it will be worth it Smile

Same for me. Currently I am reading a chapter a day.
Currently reading: Chapter 2

- Luke
Back to top Go down
Kaito
Pvp Veteran
Pvp Veteran
Kaito

PostSubject: Re: Stars of the Spiral   Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:35 am

Great Story! Smile
Back to top Go down
Blake ThunderShield
Pvp Sergeant
Pvp Sergeant
Blake ThunderShield

PostSubject: Re: Stars of the Spiral   Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:44 pm

Yay you're posting the story here! I love it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Avalanche
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator
Avalanche

Location : In a pool of lava in Antarctica living with a family of smart alec penguins.... Dont ask.

PostSubject: Re: Stars of the Spiral   Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:46 pm

Great story Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Necrowoman
Pvp Private
Pvp Private
Necrowoman

PostSubject: Re: Stars of the Spiral   Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:09 am

Thanks Blakey (GWOMP!) o: and Avalanche xD.

Hehe, sorry I haven't been posting new chapters, I'm still in a kind of slump D:
Back to top Go down
FreakyNinja
Pvp Private
Pvp Private
FreakyNinja

PostSubject: Re: Stars of the Spiral   Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:34 am

I like your story, it is pretty Creative (:
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Pvp Veteran
Pvp Veteran
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Stars of the Spiral   Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:47 pm

Awesome story! Keep going. (:
Back to top Go down
Necrowoman
Pvp Private
Pvp Private
Necrowoman

PostSubject: Re: Stars of the Spiral   Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:17 am

Natalie wrote:
Awesome story! Keep going. (:

Thanks. And I will ^-^

Just not here =/ I'm sorry, but I've just lost so much interest in this site......it might take a while, but this will be updated continually on (edit) the site that apparently can't be said here anymore -.- I think everyone knows what that site is anyway Razz If anyone wants to finish reading it, look it up in the S&P there.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stars of the Spiral   Stars of the Spiral I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stars of the Spiral
Page 1 of 1