The Wizard101 Commons
Please Log in or Join our wonderful forum.
The Wizard101 Commons
Please Log in or Join our wonderful forum.
The Wizard101 Commons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Wizard101 Forum and fansite

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inEffects of Hoard Packs on Kids. PvpsymEffects of Hoard Packs on Kids. Shopsym
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 363 on Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:55 am
Latest topics
» ANYONE STILL ACTIVE ?
Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeby R3VOLT Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:34 am

» To all the Guest peoples viewing please join...
Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeby Trafalgar Law Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:06 pm

» Major Problem
Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeby Dekaexadiko Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:46 pm

» Fizzle cost you a match?
Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeby jimmymaglies Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:57 pm

» Some people honestly disgust me.
Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeby jimmymaglies Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:51 pm

» What's Up Wizards?
Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeby jimmymaglies Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:35 pm

» HELP ME Invalid account. Please try a different username.
Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeby swungspeedz Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:12 pm

» Urgent Render Request
Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeby trogem Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:16 am

» Swift List
Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeby Swift Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:35 pm

» Solo Waterworks
Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeby Swift Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:13 pm

Wizard101's B-Day

Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.

Go down 
+12
Aaron
Natalie
Dekaexadiko
FreakyNinja
sweetlovley
Arther
Kaito
JayJayy
Avalanche
Aeneas
Autumn
Alexy
16 posters

Is KI giving kids bad skills?
Yes
Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_vote_lcap71%Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_vote_rcap
 71% [ 5 ]
No
Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_vote_lcap29%Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Alexy
Pvp Knight
Pvp Knight
Alexy

Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. Empty
PostSubject: Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.   Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 7:43 pm

I was just thinking about this the other day.
Basically, KI gives kids a reason to gamble, beg, and rub things in people's faces.
Do you agree, or disagree with me?

Last edited by Alexy on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://alexandalex.listen2myradio.com/
Autumn
Site Artist
Site Artist
Autumn

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.   Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 7:52 pm

sometimes i like them and sometimes i don't. it depends if i'm lucky with them or not. they can be a really good deal, but if you spend a lot on them then they end up being bad.
Back to top Go down
Alexy
Pvp Knight
Pvp Knight
Alexy

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.   Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 7:55 pm

Autumn wrote:
sometimes i like them and sometimes i don't. it depends if i'm lucky with them or not. they can be a really good deal, but if you spend a lot on them then they end up being bad.
I'm not really getting at the deals, i'm getting at what it's teaching kids.
Back to top Go down
Aeneas
Tournament Overlord
Tournament Overlord
Aeneas

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.   Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 7:55 pm

i cant say i hate them because i have gotten everything i wanted in less than 10 packs for each (except the nightmare)

~Aeneas~
Back to top Go down
Avalanche
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator
Avalanche

Location : In a pool of lava in Antarctica living with a family of smart alec penguins.... Dont ask.

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.   Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:38 pm

I have been rather lucky with packs (Except for the wyverns hoard where it took me 70,000 crowns to get one raven) but it is a very effective way for ki to make money. I agree with the begging and stuff but I think it was very clever on ki's part.
Back to top Go down
JayJayy
Pvp Veteran
Pvp Veteran
JayJayy

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.   Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:06 pm

Ah packs.... I spend more crowns on them than anything else in the entire game, I spent 130,000 crowns on the Raven pack.. Not my best idea.. I:
Back to top Go down
Kaito
Pvp Veteran
Pvp Veteran
Kaito

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.   Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:04 pm

Neutral.

Good- They give amazing gear.
Bad- Gambling.

-Kaito
Back to top Go down
Arther
Administrator
Administrator
Arther

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.   Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 12:58 am

I agree that it does teach kids bad ethics. On the other hand (if you are lucky) you could spend 399 for a mount.

-Arther
Back to top Go down
https://wizard101commons.forumotion.com
sweetlovley
Pvp Veteran
Pvp Veteran
sweetlovley

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.   Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:15 am

Arther wrote:
I agree that it does teach kids bad ethics. On the other hand (if you are lucky) you could spend 399 for a mount.

-Arther
agreed ^^ once i just took my luck at the wyvren pack out of the blues i was not hoping for anything good but i got a fairy mount i was soo wanting those Very Happy

eh i hate them for one reason..my brother gets EVERYTHING after 3 tries me after i think 10-30? or after spending 60.000 and 30,000 i get a few tiny stuff from here and here but what bugs me my bro gets everything i want Dx and he doesnt even USE them ._.
Back to top Go down
FreakyNinja
Pvp Private
Pvp Private
FreakyNinja

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.   Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:42 am

sweetlovley wrote:
Arther wrote:

-Arther
agreed ^^ once i just took my luck at the wyvren pack out of the blues i was not hoping for anything good but i got a fairy mount i was soo wanting those Very Happy

eh i hate them for one reason..my brother gets EVERYTHING after 3 tries me after i think 10-30? or after spending 60.000 and 30,000 i get a few tiny stuff from here and here but what bugs me my bro gets everything i want Dx and he doesnt even USE them ._.

Hey hey i DO use them from time to time and like what my sis said ya i am lucky xD
Back to top Go down
Dekaexadiko
Pvp Sergeant
Pvp Sergeant
Dekaexadiko

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.   Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:44 am

I don't really buy packs, mainly because I have no Crowns. I personally would like to buy some Kirin Hoards though. Anyways I partially agree with you. I mean it isn't completely gambling, the gear you get is, but you will get 7 items. But if you do get lucky you can get some really awesome gear.
Back to top Go down
Alexy
Pvp Knight
Pvp Knight
Alexy

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.   Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:58 am

yes, fine, they give good gear. but i want to know about what you think about the packs teaching kids bad skills.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Pvp Veteran
Pvp Veteran
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.   Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:39 pm

It's both good and bad. You can get lucky and win a mount, wands, gear or you could spend a bunch of crowns and not really get anything exciting.
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Pvp Sergeant
Pvp Sergeant
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.   Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 5:15 pm

Alexy wrote:
Who else does?
Basically, KI gives kids a reason to gamble, beg, and rub things in people's faces.
Do you agree, or disagree with me?
I agree totally, the only thing people whine and beg for is the newest Hoard packs. "Gift me a raven's hoard" "I wish I could buy one"
Back to top Go down
Alexy
Pvp Knight
Pvp Knight
Alexy

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.   Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:11 pm

Natalie wrote:
It's both good and bad. You can get lucky and win a mount, wands, gear or you could spend a bunch of crowns and not really get anything exciting.
Okay guys, could you please not post anything like this?
I'm changing the title, but I want your opinions on the EFFECT this could have on kids.
Back to top Go down
Aeneas
Tournament Overlord
Tournament Overlord
Aeneas

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.   Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:16 pm

technically getting lucky and talking about it gives us the perspective of our odds. but hey gambling can be stopped and its not KI choice that we spend the money on the crowns to buy them. So really its a toss up in my opinion. Yes they make gear and stuff but also we dont have to have them.

~Aeneas~
Back to top Go down
Alexy
Pvp Knight
Pvp Knight
Alexy

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.   Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:21 pm

Aeneas wrote:
technically getting lucky and talking about it gives us the perspective of our odds. but hey gambling can be stopped and its not KI choice that we spend the money on the crowns to buy them. So really its a toss up in my opinion. Yes they make gear and stuff but also we dont have to have them.

~Aeneas~
Thank you for your opinion, and yes, i do agree with you.
I just dislike the possible gloating skills kids can gather from these packs. They get something someone wants, and gloat about it. also, then the other kids beg for it, and then there's rudeness involved somewhere in between.
Back to top Go down
Aeneas
Tournament Overlord
Tournament Overlord
Aeneas

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.   Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:30 pm

exactly and the begging has gotten so bad that its kinda annoying.. ._.
Back to top Go down
Life Spark
Pvp Corporal
Pvp Corporal
Life Spark

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.   Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:38 pm

Think of it this way: It can also teach kids to know bad from good, and when to stop.
Back to top Go down
Alexy
Pvp Knight
Pvp Knight
Alexy

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.   Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:40 pm

Life Spark wrote:
Think of it this way: It can also teach kids to know bad from good, and when to stop.
Kids only stop when their parents tell them to, or they run out of crowns. I know, because i've seen a case.
and it may show them bad things, but that will influence them sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Blake ThunderShield
Pvp Sergeant
Pvp Sergeant
Blake ThunderShield

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.   Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 12:20 am

KingsIsle is teaching kids that to get good things they have to take chances, and basically gamble. They want that mount and stuff because it is new so they keep going, and if they get lucky once they go again. And when the new hoard comes out they do the same. This could lead to kids thinking they can get lucky gambling in the real world. Also they tend to waste more and more money on stupid pixels.

-Blake
Back to top Go down
Starry
Pvp Sergeant
Pvp Sergeant
Starry

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.   Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:36 pm

Autumn wrote:

It's teaching kids on how to gamble.
Even if you get the mount, it usually isnt the first try.
You always have a possibility to win a mount.
Like you might have a possibility to win money.

Back to top Go down
Alexy
Pvp Knight
Pvp Knight
Alexy

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.   Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:37 pm

Bradley wrote:
Autumn wrote:

It's teaching kids on how to gamble.
Even if you get the mount, it usually isnt the first try.
You always have a possibility to win a mount.
Like you might have a possibility to win money.

couldnt have said it better.
Back to top Go down
Challenge
Tournament Overlord
Tournament Overlord
Challenge

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.   Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm

I believe they were a bad idea to begin with.

Now the best wands are pack drops, and that means we have to spend a ton, not farm for them like Malistaire. I have personally been addicted to opening them, and I want KI to stop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.   Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Effects of Hoard Packs on Kids.
Page 1 of 1