The Wizard101 Commons
Please Log in or Join our wonderful forum.
The Wizard101 Commons
Please Log in or Join our wonderful forum.
The Wizard101 Commons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Wizard101 Forum and fansite

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inThe Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun PvpsymThe Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun Shopsym
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 25 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 363 on Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:55 am
Latest topics
» ANYONE STILL ACTIVE ?
The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun I_icon_minitimeby R3VOLT Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:34 am

» To all the Guest peoples viewing please join...
The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun I_icon_minitimeby Trafalgar Law Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:06 pm

» Major Problem
The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun I_icon_minitimeby Dekaexadiko Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:46 pm

» Fizzle cost you a match?
The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun I_icon_minitimeby jimmymaglies Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:57 pm

» Some people honestly disgust me.
The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun I_icon_minitimeby jimmymaglies Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:51 pm

» What's Up Wizards?
The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun I_icon_minitimeby jimmymaglies Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:35 pm

» HELP ME Invalid account. Please try a different username.
The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun I_icon_minitimeby swungspeedz Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:12 pm

» Urgent Render Request
The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun I_icon_minitimeby trogem Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:16 am

» Swift List
The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun I_icon_minitimeby Swift Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:35 pm

» Solo Waterworks
The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun I_icon_minitimeby Swift Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:13 pm

Wizard101's B-Day

The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
~Koda~
Pvp Private
Pvp Private
~Koda~

The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun Empty
PostSubject: The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun   The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 1:52 am

Chapter 1

The Windy City Harbors Python

*Warning*- The following accounts are true facts and did indeed happen. If you find any relation to this account then put this down and never return to it again.
Living in Chicago, normal teenagers experience a variety of dramas that mainly involve school or their appearance, although who said I was normal? My name is Nate Solaris, like I said I live in Chicago the windy city. My life hasn’t been exactly normal, raven attacks and pythons watching me at the zoo. Life wasn’t as bad until one month ago; when life was still simple.
When I woke up that morning, the sun seemed unusually bright which, is bad alone when you just wake up but the day itself added to the cruelty of it; it was a Monday. After getting up I noticed that there was an unusual amount of ravens outside my house today. For some strange reason, ravens were attracted to me like the planets to the sun. The day continued normally until school. My first subject of the day was English. When I sat down, Mrs. E announced we were starting poetry today. Mrs. E never told us to call her Mrs. E rather than her last name, which nobody knew anyway. As I opened my backpack to get my literature book out, I heard a faint male voice in my head.
“Listen to the teacher now, or expect to be followed by cow.” When I heard the voice I dropped my book and was paralyzed momentarily, first of all I was hearing voices, second the voice had bad poetry skills; great.
“Nate are you okay? You look as if you have seen a ghost.” A voice asked. I looked up and realized it was Mrs. E. I gave her a small smile and a nod and picked up my book off the ground. I opened my book and turned to the poetry section of the book and saw a picture of an excerpt from that poem by that Homer guy. After looking up from the picture, I realized that the bell had already rung and Mrs. E was taking attendance.
“Solaris, Nate?” I raised my hand and stared out the window for the rest of attendance to be taken. On the street from across the school stood a guy about twenty years old with those popular sunglasses in a too bright color know as yellow. The guy seemed somewhat out of place due to the fact he had a sports car that shinned so brightly it almost seemed like it had been in a fire heating up the minute before it appeared on the street. The man waved to me and winked right before a bus passed by leaving only piece of paper lying where the man had been a second before. Mrs. E cleared her throat and started the day’s lesson.
“Poetry is a wonderful style of writing only if you can string words together that make sense. The Greeks valued poetry very highly and even had a god who governed it. Apollo was the personification of poetry among the Greeks.” Without realizing it, the first thing I thought of was the voice in my head needing help from Apollo. The lesson continued on about how the poetry taught the Greeks lessons about life and whatnot. As Mrs. E. finished up the lesson, the same voice from earlier appeared in my head again.
“If you were smart, I would take that lesson to heart.” Hmm, maybe I should think about this voice more seriously. Suddenly, I heard a loud mooing sound from outside the window. Looking out the window, I saw an orange cow staring right at me. I just stared at it and thought one simple line: “Why is there a cow outside my school in Chicago?” As the day progressed on I kept seeing the cow everywhere I went. In my final class of the day, orchestra, I saw the cow staring me straight in the eye.
“Hey kid, the boss sent me to follow you so don’t be so surprised I am here. The boss warned you though so you had it coming.” Freaking out about the sudden voice that appeared I made a yelp and got several glares from the section in front of me. Okay, I thought to myself, this cannot be good, mysterious voices and talking cows great.
After orchestra I started towards my locker when I noticed a small wrapped box in my trombone locker. The box was wrapped in yellow wrapping paper with little orange suns dotting the entire box. A little tag on the top corner read “Delivered by Helio. To: The boss’ son.” Whomever this Helio was they had the wrong person but the box was in my locker so I took the box with me as I left.
My house is not the fanciest house there is but it’s livable which is most important. It’s a simple design but what is most interesting is the gigantic sun room in the back of the house. I parked my bike on the side of the house and took out my house key. Inside, I threw my book bag on the couch and set the box from Helio on the counter. Staring at the box for a minute I decided to open it up and saw two things; a small arch shaped pin and a pair of orange sunglasses. Hmm strange gifts but they were pretty cool. I pocketed the two items and threw the box away and started my homework.
The next day I was riding my bike to school when I heard an unusual sound from the hedge next to me. I look over and didn’t see anything so I kept on riding. I got to the park and heard the sound again but could distinguish it as a hissing sound. Bam! All of the sudden a huge stick hit my wheel and I went flying. Looking back I saw that the stick was moving back into the hedges. “Use the arrow and shield I gave you, and you just may survive until two.” Great I thought. I took out the sunglasses and pin instinctively and opened each of them up. The sunglasses grew into a giant bronze shield with a sun pattern on it while the pin turned into a shining bow and a quiver full of arrows. Without realizing it I notched the bow and yelled one simple phrase: “Sol enim!” for the sun

Chapter 2

Snakes on the Lane?

Normally I wouldn’t fight an unknown object in the bushes but this was a different occasion. After yelling the catchy phrase, I climbed up the nearest tree and watched the bush. The bush was shaking like someone had thrown one of those windup toys into it. The low hissing sound grew larger until I had a pretty good idea of what this creature was: a giant snake. The snake darted out of the bush and slithered towards the tree.
Most people are scared of snakes in general but this mass of snake would have bodybuilders running for their moms. The snake was a glistening emerald color with striking gold eyes. The snake had massive fangs, the size of a ruler, jutting from the roof of its mouth. Now one may ask, ‘Is it poisonous?’ one thing cleared that up. The fangs dripped a bright purple liquid that melted the concrete as it hit the ground. Great morning today now isn’t it?
As the snake approached, I grabbed the first bow from my quiver and notched it into the string like I was some kind of pro archer. I waited a moment before shooting and released the arrow. The arrow was so fast that one moment it was leaving the bow, the next it was lodged in the snakes face. The bow instead of just staying there in the snakes face did something really strange. The arrow seemed to melt away the snakes face like oil hitting water. Instinctively, I grabbed another bow and sent it screaming towards the snake’s middle. Like the first bow, the second melted the surface of the snake’s body away as the two meet. A third bow was already whizzing towards the snake’s forehead. Unlike the first two, the last bow had a shimmering bronze tip that when impacting the snakes head, did something I never would have expected. The arrow incinerated the snake into a pile of brownish dust that dissolved into the ground with a hissing sound.
“Well done my young hero.” From behind me a women’s voice projected from the ground. I jumped down from the tree and saw that my bow was now the little pin again as was my shield the orange sunglasses. I looked up and saw that it was Mrs. E standing there. She was wearing a white dress with her brown hair tied up in a bun. She had a little flute hair pin near the middle of her hair and had music note ear rings.
“Not many demi-gods could take on Python alone. Very worthy for a child of Apollo, although it makes sense you were its target.” I stood there baffled as to what she was saying. I managed to say some incoherent words that sound like “Uhthnks”. She smiled and waved her hand. A breeze blew through that had a sound of flute playing Minuet in G as it blew through. Suddenly, a table and two chairs made of leaves were right next to us. Mrs. E took a seat and gestured for me to follow suit.
“Nate, this may seem shocking to you but I am here to tell you about your father.” My father wasn’t exactly the Dad of the Year type for a few reasons. One, I had never met him in my life. Two, he never made an attempt to contact me even in my 14 years of life. Three, all I know about him is from what my mom said, which was barely anything. Mrs. E continued, “Your father loves you though. He always wanted to see you and broke Zeus law about making contact with you. He even sent you those gifts as well as a spot at Camp Half-Blood. Now this may seem like allot to absorb but I have a huge mission for you. I need you to go to Camp Half-Blood and talk to my daughter Serena. She will introduce you to Cisna and James. Now before you go I must tell you my true identity. I am Euterpe, goddess of song and elegiac poetry, one of the nine Muses.”

Chapter 3

Should I get a blood transfusion?

Now as a thirteen year old boy in Chicago meeting strange women in the park wearing a flowing dress and no shoes means one thing. Run from this stranger. Although I am not normal am I? From what I was gathering, Euterpe explained I was some kind of demi-god or half-blood. When she mentioned this I asked if I should see a doctor or get a blood transfusion. She laughed at me and explained further in her melodic voice.
“Young Hero, a Half-Blood is the child of an immortal and a human. Your father is the god of the sun and poetry. Any guesses to who he was?” I looked at her and the same voice popped into my head.
“Son don’t disappoint me or I will have to make a scene.” The voice was reciting the line in poetry. From thinking this, I thought of one person. I looked at the bright sun hanging in the sky half expecting for a hand to reach out and wave.
“My dad is Apollo isn’t he?” Euterpe gave me a wicked smile which I took as who else? “So he sent me the gifts as well? He knew I would need them? Why wouldn’t he just take care of Python himself?” I bombarded the goddess with the many questions. Euterpe smiled and started answering the questions.
“Yes your father is Apollo. Indeed he gave you those gifts. Your father is also the god of prophecy so he did know about Python. He didn’t do anything because he wanted to see if you were able to use his gifts efficiently.” I had to ponder this for a second and then concluded that Apollo was really looking out for me. He gave me the tools to protect myself and I used them. Euterpe stands up and hands me a business card for Auxesia’s Chinese Restaurant.
“Go here and ask for the Chicken Fried Rice no onions. You will get your order as well as a DGSP.” Here I looked utterly confused so she explained what a DGSP was. “A DGSP is a Demi-God Supply Package. It will keep you alive until you reach camp. I have already sent a letter to your mother explaining everything. Now go run to Auxesia’s and order that rice.”

Chapter 4

Fried Rice with an Order of Flaming Horses

With the business card in hand, my watch on my wrist, and my glasses resting on my head, I started towards Auxesia’s Chinese Restaurant. I started to wonder why a Greek Goddess would own a Chinese place but the thought quickly left. I stopped my bike at the beginning of Main Street, where the mythical restaurant was supposedly located. I glanced at both sides of the road and crossed the street. I looked at the store in front of me and the sign read: “Auxesia’s Chinese Restaurant.” For some reason, pedestrians just walked past and took no notice to the place. I dismounted my bike and seeing that there were no bike racks, wheeled my bike into the store.
At first glance the store looked purely Greek. At second glance, the store still looked Greek. “So much for being a Chinese place…” I thought to myself. I placed my bike on the wall and uneasily headed to the counter. The woman behind the counter had tan skin and long black hair in a ponytail.
“Hi, uh can I get an order of chicken fried rice with no onions?” I asked the woman. She nodded and gave me a wink and went to get my order. I sat down at the nearest table and started whistling.
“Here you go Mr. Solaris. Have a nice day and watch out for the horses. I will send you a little blessing but remember to give me an offering. Make it out to Auxesia.” The woman winked again and disappeared in a warm breeze and on the counter sat a box of vegetables. Yellow red carrots with not a green leafy top but flaming red thing. The box was labeled “HelioRoots”. Interesting, I grabbed the HelioRoots along with the take out and the DGSP. I put the items in the basket of my bike and wheeled it out the door.
Suddenly a loud whinny and a blast of heat came from above my head. I stopped and looked up to see a terrifying sight. Four flying horses sat on the edge of the building staring at me angrily. The horses had golden fur with a flaming mane of orange red. Their eyes were a deep golden yellow but burned with a hatred for me. Unaware of what to do I instinctively grabbed my bike and started off towards the park. After about two minutes I looked behind me to see if they were following. Nothing. I turned back around and gave a loud scream. The flaming horses were blocking the road staring at the basket of my bike. I grabbed the contents of the basket and held them close to my chest. The horses glare followed the contents. I looked down and saw the crate.
On top of the veggies was a brown piece of paper with little flowers along the edge. The note read; “One blessing to go. –A” I remembered what Auxesia had said about a blessing. I took a carrot and held it up. The closest horse pranced forward and licked my bike. The metal hissed and bubbled and dripped to the ground. Great thanks horse. I looked up and saw a bronze collar on the horse. The collar read “Solly”
“Ok Solly, have a carrot.” I tossed the carrot and Solly gobbled it up immediately. The other three horses pranced up excitedly and sat down and opened their mouths. The four horses were called Solly, Helia, Sunny, and Lio. Each full with a carrot they got up and parted the way. I started my bike but realized that Solly melted my bike. Helia, Sunny, and Lio spread their wings and flew off. Solly on the other hand danced around me and licked my hand. Instead of bubbling like my bike, my hand felt warm. Not hot or melting, just warm like it was left under warm running water.
“Solly do you wanna come with me to Camp Half-Blood?” I said to the horse. The horse smiled and danced around again. I tossed another HelioRoot and tied my things to his side. I left the bike there on the side of the path and mounted Solly.
“Where to One who feeds me?” I was shocked to hear this but then again why should it surprise me? Solly turned his head and gave me a questing look.
“Well I guess to New York little buddy.” I smiled and then headed off to Long Island, New York.

Chapter 5

Nice Present There Pops…

Solly soared through the sky with amazing speeds, it seemed as if he radiated heat from flying. I looked behind me and saw a stunning sight. A small ball of orange and yellow followed the horse. Turns out it was a small star; a mini sun. “Hmm, I guess these horses pull the sun…” I thought to myself.
“Hey Nate, Hey Nate! I think we are at this camp you speak of”. Solly pointed down with his nose at a large forest on the shore of an ocean. From the forest a large echo erupted near the center and a small clang of metal shattered. Suddenly a huge sound broke through the soft quiet sky. After the sound, a loud sound of pounding feet headed toward the west. I pointed down to a large field next to a large bundle of cabins.
“Down there Solly, I think that’s the Camp.” The flaming horse descended towards the camp and gave a happy nod as we got closer. As we got closer to the ground I heard a sizzling noise and looked behind me. Some of the trees were starting to burn as the star hit them.
“Solly, be careful with that star behind you. It’s burning the trees.” The horse closed his eyes and started to glow a yellow aura. The star shrank down and flew into the sky joining a random constellation. Finally we reached the camp and took a better look at the place.
There was a huge strawberry field next to a huge ranch style house you would expect to see in those old time mid western movies. There was a sports area that included a basketball court and an archery range. Several cabins littered the area with groups of kids swarming around them. Some of the kids took notice to me and started to point and stare.
“Look at that kid over there.” “I wonder what kind of horse that is.” “He’s kind of cute…” Suddenly a huge pounding noise came from behind me and cleared the noise. A man came up riding a horse, or that’s what I thought. The man had a horse’s body and man’s upper half. He stared at me like I was some strange creature. The man motioned for me to follow him and he headed towards the ranch style house.
“Young man do you realize what creature that is?” The man said. I shook my head no and he starred at me in disbelief. “That is one of the horses that carries the sun across the sky. By the looks of it you aren’t melted yet which means your father is-”
“Apollo, yes I know. Euterpe told me already when I finished fighting Python. I know I am not very versed in all this yet but I was told to come here to find Euterpe’s daughter.”
After explaining my journey to him, the man introduced himself as Chiron. He showed me to Cabin 7. The cabin shined like pure gold and kids with arrows and little harp like things littered the area. I was shocked because most of them were athletic looking but I was the only exception. Chiron smiled and introduced me to my cabin mates.
“Welcome to Cabin 7. I’m Will Solace your head counselor.” Will was a classic Californian looking kid. He had light bronze skin and piercing blue eyes. He was taller than I was and looked very athletic. Several more kids who had a resemblance to him introduced themselves. After the round of intros, I was given a bunk near the back of the cabin. I was instructed to leave my stuff here and prepare for dinner.
“Rinnnnnng!” A loud ringing sound vibrated through the camp and my cabin prepared to leave. Arriving in the pavilion was strange. Everyone watched you as they saw that kid who came in on a flaming horse. I sat down with the rest of my cabin and waited for the meal. Suddenly, food appeared out of nowhere. There were berries and natural looking things you would find in a health food store. But due to my journey I really didn’t care. I was hesitant at first because after getting their food, everyone got up and scrapped some food into the fire. I followed suit and dumped some blueberries into the fire.
After dinner there was camp fire. Like at dinner I sat with my cabin because I wasn’t familiar with any of the people. Across from me I saw two people. The girl had long black hair and had blue eyes. Sitting next to her was a guy of about fifteen or sixteen with blond hair and two different eye colors. He seemed tough and burly but somewhat friendly. The girl stared at him with a deep adoration while the guy just looked around waiting for the fire to start.
To my right sat another set of a boy and girl. The guy had brown hair and looked like a nice person but sitting at his feet sat a dog; a ghost dog. Next to this creepy guy was a girl with a dark black sword attached to her hip. She seemed to be having a conversation with the dog which I found equally weird.
To the left of me sat a boy with blue jeans and blue sneakers which looked silly with his orange shirt. He had blond hair and blue eyes. Sitting next to him was a girl who looked like she was from the East; China or Japan maybe. She was very pretty. Not like I would date her but she had an inviting aura to her that said: “Hey come talk to me.”
Chiron stomped his hooves and the chatter dimmed. “Welcome to Camp Half-Blood young heroes. I am happy to announce the arrival of a new camper, Nate Solaris, Son of Apollo. Now then continuing with the activity, I would like to remind you that--” A girl with red hair who I hadn’t noticed before stood straight up and had glowing green eyes and looked like she would turn into a zombie right then in there.
“I the Oracle of Apollo, come to tell the next Great Prophecy.” Said ominously by the strange red headed zombie girl.

Back to top Go down
Anubis
Pvp Corporal
Pvp Corporal
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun   The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 9:08 am

I just read the first chapter but I cant wait to read more. I love the plot of Nate being the son of Helios.
Looks like he may have trouble along the way though. Very nice book.
Back to top Go down
~Koda~
Pvp Private
Pvp Private
~Koda~

PostSubject: Re: The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun   The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:17 pm

Lol well a little spoiler is that he is a son of Apollo and Helios is actually seeking revenge ^^ He sends a enemy in the second chapter for Nate to fight.
Back to top Go down
Arther
Administrator
Administrator
Arther

PostSubject: Re: The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun   The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 2:33 am

Great Story!

-Arther
Back to top Go down
https://wizard101commons.forumotion.com
Luke
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Luke

PostSubject: Re: The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun   The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:39 pm

I love your story!
I can't wait to read more.

- Luke
Back to top Go down
~Koda~
Pvp Private
Pvp Private
~Koda~

PostSubject: Re: The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun   The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 10:34 pm

Thanks everyone I am gonna write the next chapter after I finish this battle against Ivan so be expecting a new chapter ^-^ *Edit: Ok I am not sure what the policy is about double posting here for like stories and what not so I will just edit this post and put the chapter in here.

Chapter 6
America’s Next Great Prophecy!
Everyone stared blankly as the girl spewed green smoke from her eyes and stood next to Chiron.
“Rachael what’s---”
Seven children of seven gods, join together to beat the odds.
Sorcery and Death go head to head, to impress their parents who rule the dead.
Children of Fire and Song produce passion, although not known if love or rash actions.
Daughter of Love is faced with a choice, to leave or stay with her friends and rejoice.
Son of the Sea feels sadly outcasted, for the child of Sun shines so bright.
Although this feeling is so great, Son of the Sea makes a great debate.
Child of Sun faces great trials, and is forced to travel alone for miles.
After trials and hardship the heroes must face, the ultimate challenge for the human race.”
After the monologue was spoken, Rachael sat down and Chiron gave a look of disbelief.
“Everyone go back to your cabins except for Nate, Ethan, Cisna, Ryan, Serena, Krystal, and James. Follow me back at the Big House.”
The same six kids I saw earlier stood up and followed the centaur. Since I wasn’t really sure what to do I followed them and headed up to the ranch style house on top of the hill. The house was a light blue with white curtains in the windows. The centaur stooped down as he entered the stairs and closed the door. The seven of us waited outside while Chiron was inside. Chiron exited but he was in a wheelchair with a blanket covering his lap.
“Well lets discuss the prophecy. The prophecy mentions children of Hecate, Hades, Euterpe, Hephaestus, Aphrodite, Poseidon, and Apollo. Since the prophecy came with Nate’s arrival he is the son of Apollo mentioned.” Here I spoke up about what Euterpe told me. “Well it seems of if James, Cisna, and Serena are all in this mission as well. Krystal and Ryan; since you are the head counselor for your cabin, each of you will go as well.”
“But Chiron, why am I here then?” Spoke up the boy in blue who by default was Ethan.
Chiron looked at him as if he was stupid. “Why you are the only child of Poseidon at the moment since Percy is missing so you are the one to go.”
Ethan looked down at his shoes and gave a small “Oh…” Chiron continued.
“The prophecy has told the whole camp of something I have been suspecting lately. With Gaia rising many of the giants are stirring. However, I have noticed that a few other creatures are stirring as well. A few of the lesser titans are showing signs again. I have a pretty good guess of who is going to strike first. With Mr. Solaris’ recent appearance on a Solar Horse I have concluded that Helios is stirring and is going to target Nate.”
Everyone stared at me like I was an alien creature. I looked at Chiron and started to speak.
“Well it would make sense. Yesterday, I received the gift from my father which was my shield and bow and arrow. This morning I was riding my bike to school and I was attacked by Python, or at least that’s what Euterpe said to me. She told me to come to camp and find her daughter. So I am assuming this Python character was sent by Helios. Later when I went to get my fried rice, I was given a box of HelioRoots for the Solar Horses who were waiting for me. So I guess those were sent by Helios too to attack me.”
Chiron and the other six kids looked at me. Chiron seemed to be thinking of something very intently. After a few minutes, he spoke.
“Yes indeed it seems as if you are Helios target. Do you happen to know the story of Helios and your father?” Chiron questioned. I shook my head and he continued. “Helios was the titan of the Sun. He originally flew the sun across the sky. His son Phaethon wished to drive it once and Helios agreed but only once. Phaethon could not control the horses that drew the chariots. The sun flew to close to the ground and burned the land. Zeus struck down Phaethon and appointed his son Apollo, your father, to drive the sun across the sky.”
“Well that’s the story. I will give you tonight and tomorrow to prepare for your journey and get to know each other. Tomorrow night you will travel by moonlight to gather information about the Sword of the Sun; a legendary sword that can defeat Helios. I would go first to his sister Eos and ask if she knows the location of the sword. You should find her in eastern most city in North America; Nordostrundingen, Greenland. I can arrange a fleet of pegasi to carry you although Nate, you already have a flying horse now so you are already taken care of.”

Back to top Go down
Luke
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Luke

PostSubject: Re: The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun   The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:14 pm

Another awesome chapter!
Keep writing! Smile

- Luke
Back to top Go down
~Koda~
Pvp Private
Pvp Private
~Koda~

PostSubject: Re: The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun   The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 8:17 pm

Alright here is the next chapter ^-^ Hope you guys like it Very Happy

Chapter 7
Snickety Secrets of Ethan Tide
I left the Big House with the other six demi-gods. When we reached the court near the cabins the girl with long hair introduced herself.
“Hi I guess I am supposed to introduce myself since my mom told you to talk to me. I am Serena.” Serena dragged the boy that she had been sitting next to earlier.
“This is my “friend” Ryan. He is a son of Hephaestus, God of Fire and the Forge.” Serena had a strange way of saying friend when she talked about Ryan. Serena waved goodbye and then skipped towards a cabin covered in music notes. Ryan gave a smile and a wave and left for his cabin. As I watched the two walk away, I noticed something tugging at my pant leg. I looked down and saw that ghost dog from earlier.
“Blossom, get over here. Aww man I am sorry about my dog. By the way my name is James, a son of Hecate goddess of Sorcery and Necromancy. My friend here was a present from my mom a long time ago with a special battle axe weapon.” Here he stopped and motioned for his friend to come over to us. The girl whispered something to Blossom and stood up and faced James and I.
“Hi, I am Krystal. My dad is Hades the god of the Dead.” A large black rat scurried onto her shoulder and sniffed her ear. Krystal pet the rat and pulled a treat out of her pocket. I noticed a necklace that was shaped like a miniature sword.
“This is my pet rat Raven.” The rat looked up when his name was said. I gave him a small smile and said goodbye. I was walking back to my cabin when I saw Ethan heading into the forest near the beach. Out of curiosity I followed. When I broke through the trees I saw Ethan kneeling down into the water talking to some kind of fish. He got up and then turned around and saw me standing there.
“I am really sorry I didn’t mean to intruded I was just curious to what you were doing going to the beach.” I said.
“Oh its fine I was just talking to a swordfish. I was telling him to say something to my dad for me. I feel really lonely since I am the only son of Poseidon here right now. Percy is missing and everything so … I never really had a great family. My human dad found me while he was fishing one day. I had an amulet that wouldn’t open until I was ready to learn about my real dad. The amulet had an explanation and a map to Camp. That’s it really. I have always been able to talk to fish and control water. Although once the amulet opened my powers were a bit stronger.”
I sat there as Ethan told his story. I felt bad for him because his family wasn’t very good growing up. I always had my mom there who cared for me and was like a best friend. Ethan never had that. I was determined to be a good friend to Ethan after hearing his story. He finished up and then said goodbye and headed back to my cabin.
Back to top Go down
~Koda~
Pvp Private
Pvp Private
~Koda~

PostSubject: Re: The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun   The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:55 pm

Ok here is Chapter 8 ^-^ Hope you guys like it.

Chapter 8
Onward into the East
I was sitting in a strange cave. Unlike normal caves, this cave glowed with a bright orange yellow light.
Where am I? I thought as I explored deeper into the cave. I was walking towards the back of the cave when I saw a strange sight. A giant orange yellow rock waited in front of me. Protruding out of the stone was a strange sword. The hilt looked like intertwined rays of light leading into a golden sun. The blade was a bright pale yellow that glinted as if to say “Look how sharp of a sword I am.”
Would just leave a sword here unattended? This thought left my mind as soon as it entered. A dragon made up of dried brown leaves slept next to the stone. The dragon breathed deeply and exhaled a warm breathe that reminded me of a nice autumn day. Suddenly a huge gust of wind blew into the cave.
“Young hero, you should not be here. You will arrive here in time and I will be ready for you then but now you must GO!” The wind yelled loudly as it blew through the cave. I fell over and woke in my bed. Apparently I must have been loud because I woke up the kid in the bunk under me. He shot me a look that could have killed an unwilling criminal. I climbed down from my bed and started to pack my backpack. I really didn’t have much to pack except for the HelioRoots, a whistle I was given from the stables to call Solly with, a few arrows from the Apollo cabin, and finally my clothes I wore when I got here. I dawned a new set of clothes including the Camp Half-Blood shirt, a pair of brown khakis, some nice new sandals, and my hair now had a golden tint to it as if there were blond highlights. I saw a note lying next to the shoes that read, “Hope you like the new clothes. I hope they give you a “sunny” disposition. Love, Dad.”
I walked outside and headed to the stables where Solly was being kept. I walked up and saw Cisna there. She was sitting on a stool petting a great pinkish brown pegasi with white spots on it. I read the name label and it said Hearty. Great name for a horse there… I thought. I continued on and headed to Solly. The people attending the stables had to put him in a bronze cage since everything he licked melted. I went up and pet his nose and fed him a root from my backpack.
I left the stables and headed toward the pavilion where breakfast was held. I saw most of my cabin already there and sat next to them. I looked around and saw the people who were accompanying me on the quest. I looked at Chiron and he stood up and motioned for me to come talk to him. I walked over and he started to talk.
“Nate I am thinking about sending the group on the quest now. You need to find Eos when the sun is just setting so you can meet her at where she stays. If you head out now I think you may be able to make it to Greenland by night fall.”
I nodded and Chiron called the other six to come to the table we were at. He told them is idea and they all agreed like I did. Since we were to leave soon we headed to our cabins and meet up at the stables. I went back to my bunk and grabbed my backpack and headed to the stables. I saw James leaving his cabin and ran over to talk to him.
“Hey James you excited about the quest?” I questioned. James gave a smile and a nod and replied.
“Yeah I really am. It’s not every day a child of a minor god or goddess gets to go on a quest, especially Hecate. My mom has a reputation for being evil and what not since she rules over ghosts and magic so it is not everyday her children are chosen for things.”
We reached the stable and I was amazed at how personalized these horses came. As soon as we walked in, Solly ran up to me and licked my face like a puppy dog. Behind Solly, a shimmering ghost horse glided over to James and bent his head to be pet. I saw Krystal petting a horse composed of entirely just bones looking at a bronze metal horse. The metal horse was being oiled and waxed by Ryan. Next to Ryan stood Serena putting little ribbons into the hair of a horse with flowing music staves all over it that produced notes and sounds when the horse moved. Cisna was tending to Hearty and next to her was Ethan with a very odd creature. The horse had the head of a horse that lead into a scaly body with gills and flippers. Instead of hair on this creature, sea-weed was draped across the neck and spurted from the tail. I cleared my throat and started to talk to the group of people.
“Well everyone are we ready to set sail?” The group gave a loud “Yeah!” and mounted the flying horses. I followed suit and started to fly.
Back to top Go down
Avalanche
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator
Avalanche

Location : In a pool of lava in Antarctica living with a family of smart alec penguins.... Dont ask.

PostSubject: Re: The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun   The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:47 pm

Great Story Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun   The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Prophets Child Book One: The Sword of The Sun
Page 1 of 1